To those who don't want to make EMS a career, what do you plan on doing

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
I am torn between working the grill at McDonalds and being the guy who charges to use a powerpainter to spray suntan lotion on people on the beach in Australia.

Brown has worked as a cook at McDonalds, trust me bro you don't want to work the grill. Washing the floor is where its at.

Veneficus

Forum Chief
Brown has worked as a cook at McDonalds, trust me bro you don't want to work the grill. Washing the floor is where its at.

Why?

Grill has no responsibility, drop a burger? hell yo could wipe the toilet with it. Just put it on the bun and send it out.

Mess up somebody's order? So what, It's McDs, they'll be back.

If you are moping the floor you have to put up the wet floor signs, make sure you don't trip everyone, be polite, etc.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Why?

Grill has no responsibility, drop a burger? hell yo could wipe the toilet with it. Just put it on the bun and send it out.

Mess up somebody's order? So what, It's McDs, they'll be back.

If you are moping the floor you have to put up the wet floor signs, make sure you don't trip everyone, be polite, etc.

This is true, Brown should clarify Brown meant moping the floor in the kitchen ... that was a good job, you just dumped a few buckets of soapy hot water on the floor and pushed the mop to look busy.

If you are cooking you are always under pressure to cook faster, end up with burnt arms, burnt fingers, covered in grease and crap, if somebody complains about food you get the blame.

Aerin-Sol

Forum Captain
Yes, I could have. However, I wasn't focused on the bottom demonator. This is what works for me, and I am damn happy I went the road I did.

Well, I'm glad that worked out for you, but I don't think I've ever heard anyone else say that going straight to medical school instead of getting NP & paramedic training beforehand is the bottom denominator.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Well, I'm glad that worked out for you, but I don't think I've ever heard anyone else say that going straight to medical school instead of getting NP & paramedic training beforehand is the bottom denominator.

I guess what it comes down to is what is right for the individual. I am very happy with the path I chose.

OP
OP
S

spraded

Forum Probie
Will probably end up is Respiratory Therapy or Nursing.

Sigh...that's what I'm going to do instead. Perhaps get my EMT B cert in the mean time while in school. Going into paramedic school seems like a waste if I'm going to change eventually.

Plus the added pay is swaying me sharply toward RT. Being an RN doesnt interest me much(except maybe working in the ER)...

:wacko: