Tips for interviewing!!?

Raquel

Forum Probie
I just got my emt certification about a month ago. iv had interviews with Care, Lynch, and Americare...no luck.

Does anyone have any tips for doing well on the written test portion, seems to be where i mess up!

Thanks! :)

mike1390

Forum Captain
... You mess up on what you learned in EMT class?? Maybe study your book again, sounds pretty simple to me.:ph34r:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Study? Most written tests are similar to either your final or the NREMT. If you passed them, why not try what you used to get your cert to pass the written tests for employment?

Follow up on your interviews. Don't just walk out the door and expect them to call you. Show them your interested and committed.

Search around there's a ton of threads already about this.

OP
OP
R

Raquel

Forum Probie
well im always reviewing my book and im confident on the information. but there seems to be questions that pop up that iv never even heard of, like what "penman" stands for or TIA

CalMedic

Forum Probie
Do some reading and maybe hit the Neuro Section of your EMT book...:p

Google can be a wonderful resource.

P=Personal, Partner, and Patient safety

E=Environment hazards

N=Number of patients

M=Mechanism of injury

A=Additional resources

N=Need for spinal immobilization

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
TIA = Transient Ischemic Attack also known as a 'mini stroke' Look it up.

Both PENMAN and TIA are covered in EMT-B.

daveathlon

Forum Probie
Holy haha wait don't tell me this is the same racquel i been bumping into! you're on this site too? LOL small world.. no luck for me either that test was ridiculous

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
R

Raquel

Forum Probie
Holy haha wait don't tell me this is the same racquel i been bumping into! you're on this site too? LOL small world.. no luck for me either that test was ridiculous

seriouslyyyy, it'll happen for us though when its supposed to i guess lol. But ya i just joined this site yesterday, its cool!!!

daveathlon

Forum Probie
seriouslyyyy, it'll happen for us though when its supposed to i guess lol. But ya i just joined this site yesterday, its cool!!!

There was a lot of questions on there about things I've never learned and I still couldn't find in my book. This EMT job search is getting frustrating!

mike1390

Forum Captain
This is weird cause Im always seeing jobs on craigslist (not looking for myself). So I wonder how people are always saying its so tough to get hired.

JD9940

Forum Probie
This is weird cause Im always seeing jobs on craigslist (not looking for myself). So I wonder how people are always saying its so tough to get hired.

those job listings (in my area at least) seem rather sketchy...

and to the OP, I've interviewed for many jobs in my time before my EMT job search began, and every time I interviewed I had a quick mental checklist:
- I am dressed appropriately
- I have all the needed qualifications (if applicable)
- I am confident in my personality to be charming and professional

for my EMT interviews I added in:
- I know my ****
- I really know my ****

but the best advise I can give as someone who has interviewed other people for a job is to be confident but not cocky

wadford

Forum Crew Member
What are some of the questions they asked you in the interview. I too will soon be looking for a job as an EMT-b (as soon as I get my SC cert). I have been a stay at home mom for the last five years and its been a good long while since I've gone to an interview.

mike1390

Forum Captain
O dont get me wrong I would never apply for a EMT job from craigslist cause there all medicare fraud jobs but still a job is a job. Any who just go in super confident trust me they arnt looking for seasoned EMTs cause people who have been in the business long enough to have "experience" develop bad habits. The last thing a manager wants is someone who is burnt out and has their bad habits, So dont let that discourage you or think thats not why your getting hired. I went into my first 2 interviews with no experience fresh out of emt class (hell I had only been 18 not even a month) and got 2 job offers so trust me it happens.