The Ultimate EMT

RescueYou

Forum Lieutenant
Hey yall. I want to know what you define as a great EMT or the "ultimate EMT".

Me- The EMT who knows when it is okay to cry over a patient, but still remembers to laugh at the good times. Someone who enjoys the job everyday, but also remembers the importance of each call.

FF-EMT Diver

Forum Captain
Due to the differing opinions of humans, there is no such thing as "the ultimate Emt". A great Emt to me is one that know's their stuff, has it together, doesn't fall apart when SHTF, is proficient, considerate and whether they are having their worst day ever do their job with a smile and be glad to have a job.

Nick647

Forum Lieutenant
To me, someone who is a kind hearted and compassionate person. When I was really young I was really obsessed with it all and they were some of the nicest and compassionate people I got to meet. Anybody who is in the business to help others and to let others have a second chance at living.

OP
OP
RescueYou

RescueYou

Forum Lieutenant
Yeah. I know opinions vary from person to person. That is EXACTLY why I started this thread. I want to see what other people think. It would do none of us any harm to here what others think constitutes a good EMT. The wiser of us will try to use some of the ideas given to try and improve themselves.

zmedic

Forum Captain
Isn't the ultimate EMT that show on spike where EMTs fight each week till there are two left, and the last one standing wins a contract?

OP
OP
RescueYou

RescueYou

Forum Lieutenant
When is it on? I would like to see that!!! LOL! ;D

Agreed!

...and uhm...there may be a show like that, but it wasn't what I was in reference to. ;)

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
I wouldn't say "ultimate" but the best you can do is be a human being who trains well and hard and learns from your mistakes and understands that you're holding a sacred trust -- working with other human beings going through some of the most pivotal moments of their lives.