The Official EMTLIFE Introduction Thread

jgray92

Forum Probie
Hi everybody, my name is josh, I just recieved my national registry cert and am awaiting processing for my state EMT-B. I take my AEMT course in august.

duckieaz

Forum Ride Along
Hello all. Just signing up to do some research on the EMS field. I'm currently building my packet to register for the EMT-B class for the fall semester at our local college. I've personally worked in Sales and Technology for the last 10 years, and its been great but largely unsatisfying. I knew I always wanted to either join the military or work for a public safety service. With a family the military was less desirable, so I'm taking the jump on a career change to EMS. My wife is currently an RN, so I have a strong and knowledgeable supporter at home. Glad to be here, and I hope to learn a lot.

Matt aka Duckie

GC Matt

Forum Ride Along
Hello! I was a certified EMT-B for all of a few months in 2010 while I was stationed in North Dakota (Grand Forks AFB) before I was deployed and have since let my certification lapse. I'm no longer active military and looking at re-taking (because I think I have to?) my EMT-B courses ASAP. I am extremely pleased this forum exists and I hope to learn a lot from ya'll.

P.S. Two Matt's from AZ in a row; hey Duckie

duckieaz

Forum Ride Along
Hello! I was a certified EMT-B for all of a few months in 2010 while I was stationed in North Dakota (Grand Forks AFB) before I was deployed and have since let my certification lapse. I'm no longer active military and looking at re-taking (because I think I have to?) my EMT-B courses ASAP. I am extremely pleased this forum exists and I hope to learn a lot from ya'll.

P.S. Two Matt's from AZ in a row; hey Duckie

How's it going? How'd you end up in AZ? I'd assume the AF, Luke or DM? I'm in Tucson looking to get into the fall EMT-B course at PCC.

smorkal42

Forum Ride Along
I'm Tyler. 20, and an EMT-B in southern California. Got my training in Colorado but moved out here looking for work and my family lives out here. Looking to going to UCLA's paramedic program here within the next year.

Shovelbender

Forum Ride Along
Hey, all, I'm an EMT-B from Pennsylvania, been a card carrying EMT for 7 years now, and worked for an ALS service for 5. Planning on enlisting this fall, to do the same job in a different uniform. :p

Found this awesome forum, and thought I'd hang out here for a while!

jogirl17

Forum Probie
I'm Jordan, 22, very new EMT-B, I live in Gloucester, VA and I will soon start volunteering for my county. OK a little about myself, I love to hunt and fish! My boyfriend and I fish from kayaks! He usually catches more fish than I do, but I am slowly catching up with him! We also have 7 beagles that we love dearly:)

EastCoast42

Forum Probie
Hey everyone,

I'm Austin and I'm a Firefighter/EMT from the good ole East Coast. Been in 911 for the last 3 years and just ventured into private transports (possibly a stupid decision). I hope to continue to the Paramedic level, or possibly going straight for MD... It all depends on where life takes me I suppose.

CdnArmyMedic

Forum Ride Along
Hey Guys,

Primary care paramedic here in Ontario, Canada. I'm also a reserve medic for the Canadian Forces. I enjoy motorcycles, snowboarding, hunting, and paintball.

EMT2015

Forum Captain
Hello All!

Volunteer EMT here in San Jose, CA. I hope to continue my eduction to become a Paramedic. I enjoy soccer and playing the piano! :)

PopRocks

Forum Ride Along
Hi y'all!
I just finished paramedic school in Texas but was unable to take the skills exam with my classmates due to a scheduling conflict, so I won't get my national registry until august. I've mostly worked events as an EMT basic while in school but plan to apply as an ER tech while I wait on my certification.

mmorsepfd

Forum Probie
Hello all, I'm far from new, you might call me a dinosaur and you would be correct. I did 24 years on an ALS rig in Providence, RI, am very close to retiring, though some would say I've been gone for a long time. You may have heard of my books, Rescuing Providence and Responding. I just started writing for American Addiction Centers. I think my own problems with substances and my ability to overcome after 25 years of addiction (14 years clean) and sharing my insight into recovery may help people suffering with PTSD and whatever else is getting in their way. Looking forward to posting and reading what you folks are up to!

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Welcome! I've read your books, followed your blog, and am very happy to have you here with us.

ThatAlaskanChick

Forum Ride Along
Hello everyone! :)

I'm an EMT from Alaska. :) I live in Anchorage and work for a medivac company. Its my first ems job, and even though it isn't 911 there are definitely plenty of exciting and interesting things to see/learn from my current job. :) I enjoy riding my motorcycle, horses and of course enjoy hiking/fishing/hunting like any good Alaskan does haha!

Anyways, I hope to learn a lot from this site and meet some more ems people! :)

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief

I'm an EMT from Alaska. :) I live in Anchorage and work for a medivac company. Its my first ems job, and even though it isn't 911 there are definitely plenty of exciting and interesting things to see/learn from my current job. :) I enjoy riding my motorcycle, horses and of course enjoy hiking/fishing/hunting like any good Alaskan does haha!

Welcome

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess

What medivac company? I have a friend that pilots a Leer jet for a medivac company up there.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Hello all, I'm far from new, you might call me a dinosaur and you would be correct. I did 24 years on an ALS rig in Providence, RI, am very close to retiring, though some would say I've been gone for a long time. You may have heard of my books, Rescuing Providence and Responding. I just started writing for American Addiction Centers. I think my own problems with substances and my ability to overcome after 25 years of addiction (14 years clean) and sharing my insight into recovery may help people suffering with PTSD and whatever else is getting in their way. Looking forward to posting and reading what you folks are up to!
Glad to see you here. I have both books on my kindle and love them

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

str8edgewriter

Forum Ride Along
My name is Crystal and I am starting EMT school at the start of September. It's been years since I've been in EMT school and I'm looking forward to getting back to it. I still work in the medical field as well as teaching english and art and theatre arts during the summer. I also work for a baseball team on the medical staff and am an author, a photographer, and a baker. But medicine has always been my passion. I grew up watching Emergency, which to this day is still my favorite TV show and have always wanted to do what they do. I know things have changed since then but helping people and being there for them has always been a big thing to me. I love helping people and know that I can do some good in this profession. Any advice and tips I get from talking to you guys in other forums on this page I know will help me.

str8edgewriter

Forum Ride Along
My name is Crystal and I am starting EMT school at the start of September. It's been years since I've been in EMT school and I'm looking forward to getting back to it. I still work in the medical field as well as teaching english and art and theatre arts during the summer. I also work for a baseball team on the medical staff and am an author, a photographer, and a baker. But medicine has always been my passion. I grew up watching Emergency, which to this day is still my favorite TV show and have always wanted to do what they do. I know things have changed since then but helping people and being there for them has always been a big thing to me. I love helping people and know that I can do some good in this profession. Any advice and tips I get from talking to you guys in other forums on this page I know will help me.