The Official EMTLIFE Introduction Thread

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
Welcome Adrenalin feel free to ask questions! I learned a lot from these forums through school, just don't ask for direct answers for questions =D

Theraphosidea, whys and hows are the best questions for a student and for a paramedic in the field. Keep asking, some people will tell you that you don't need to know why, just to do what protocols says, but remember to take all advice with a grain of salt. Including mine.

Welcome Sara, there's a lot of information in the als forums about cardiac stuff, and feel free to ask about specific things if you can't find a threat already about whatever you're having issues with.

adrenalin

Forum Probie
That's the beauty of having a massive knowledge base based upon experience. There can be many solutions (ways of doing things) that can be correct. Thank you Hunter for the warm welcome. Hopefully one day I will be able to add my advice after being in the profession for a bit and carry on the EMTLife tradition of helping others.

Siren

Forum Ride Along
Hey Lifesavers :lol:

I'm a complete newbie and I'm so relieved and excited to have found this community of awesome people to learn from. I'm from Philly and I start EMT-B at Jeffstat in less than a month. I'm going to need all the help I can get so I'll go explore the forum now.. See you around.

Siren

bygrace

Forum Ride Along
First, welcome to EMTLife!

Reply to this thread with a brief introduction so that we can learn a little about you. We hope you stick around for a while and contribute to our community.

Thanks!

Hello, my user name is Bygrace. I am a paramedic and a paramedic educator. I am now completing my 26th year of teaching and will soon retire. I am hoping to be able to launch into a medical mission somewhere in the world. During my career, I have worked in a municipal fire service, a private ambulance company, a hospital emergency department and of course a community college.

medic6676

Forum Crew Member
Hi my name is Chris. I am an upstate NY in the capital district and I currently work for a not for profit agency and a commercial agency. I love the job, and hope to expand on it by finishing my emergency management degree and work for a federal agency, and as a medic on the side.

Medic817

Forum Ride Along
Hi everyone! Decided to go ahead and do an introduction. I'm 24 years old currently 6 months projected to finishing my Paramedic certification. Started out August 2012 and have loved it. Just got my first 911 job as an Intermediate and looking forward to it! Looking forward to reading what y'all post. Also, born and raised in Texas and living in Houston!

MedicRobNL

Forum Ride Along
Hello everyone!

I'm a veteran of the Royal Canadian Navy, and am currently doing some courses online to prepare for my upcoming 2 year Paramedicine course in September 2014.

My only medical training thus far is Advanced Medical First Responder (AMFR) through the Navy, with CPR-HCP, and Wilderness First Aid on the side.

Hope to learn a lot from this site! And hopefully meet some other Canadian EMS personnel! And perhaps a familiar face or two from my time in the Navy!

Rob

PS: Don't slam me on my username! It was available, so I thought "Why not!" I'll be there someday!

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
It's him, he's back! Grab the pitchforks!

Anjel

Forum Angel
It's him, he's back! Grab the pitchforks!

Oh Lord, here we go.

dugu5y8y.jpg

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
MeficRobNL, don't worry, it's not personal. We had a "medic rob" here who was ... Shall we say...Less than forthright regarding his credentials and experience. We're sure that you won't go down that road. Welcome to the forum.

MedicRobNL

Forum Ride Along
MeficRobNL, don't worry, it's not personal. We had a "medic rob" here who was ... Shall we say...Less than forthright regarding his credentials and experience. We're sure that you won't go down that road. Welcome to the forum.

Oh no, I'm very forthcoming with my lack of credentials at this point.

I've never been here before. Just signed up because I enjoy the atmosphere and a lot if the threads challenge me to research more to find out what the hell people are talking about, LOL.

I hope to never actually have a meme made about me!

Rob

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Oh no, I'm very forthcoming with my lack of credentials at this point.

I've never been here before. Just signed up because I enjoy the atmosphere and a lot if the threads challenge me to research more to find out what the hell people are talking about, LOL.

I hope to never actually have a meme made about me!

Rob

Welcome to EMTlife

LMedic90

Forum Ride Along
Hey all, I'm an EMT-I with most of my experience coming from working in the Hospital, I worked for a private ambulance service as a basic two years ago and ended up finding a good home at a Level 1 trauma center in the ER working trauma and as a psychiatric technician in the Houston Medical Center. They were one of the rare few that allowed those qualified to start IVs, monitor cardiac rhythms and the like.

I'm back on the ambulance now and working on my paramedic, and like interacting with other ems personnel and learning from others, so I'm happy to be apart of this forum.

KyleC41

Forum Ride Along
new to the forum

Hello Emtlife forum fellows, my name is Kyle obviously lol I recently just started as an EMT-B at a private ambulance company in Ohio. I have been applying since I passed the NREMT-B in June. I'm very excited to see what the private unit has in store. Can't wait to start chiming in and asking questions in forums.

Medic817

Forum Ride Along
Hey all, I'm an EMT-I with most of my experience coming from working in the Hospital, I worked for a private ambulance service as a basic two years ago and ended up finding a good home at a Level 1 trauma center in the ER working trauma and as a psychiatric technician in the Houston Medical Center. They were one of the rare few that allowed those qualified to start IVs, monitor cardiac rhythms and the like.

I'm back on the ambulance now and working on my paramedic, and like interacting with other ems personnel and learning from others, so I'm happy to be apart of this forum.

I'm sure I'll bump into you if we ever have a ground and pound downtown. Welcome are you getting your medic from HCC or another school?

RescueDog

Forum Probie
Hello!

Hello, all!
I'm RescueDog, I'm a 23 year old lady EMT!
Brand-spankin'-new to the forum!
I currently am a volunteer with my local department, would love to make a career out of it, and eventually get to paramedic!

LMedic90

Forum Ride Along
I'm sure I'll bump into you if we ever have a ground and pound downtown. Welcome are you getting your medic from HCC or another school?

I'm going through kilgore college, the percomonline program. I preferred doing it at my own pace, and I've had success with them through the AEMT program. My basic I earned at TEEX out in college station.

I started studying the paramedic material as soon as I became a basic so It's looking like I'll be finished by the summer. Which agency are you with?

Drax

Forum Captain
Greetings

Just finished my EMT-B course through Bates Technical College here in Tacoma, Washington and just passed my NREMT.

Currently looking for work as an EMT, preferably in the Fire Service field. I am also interested in working for Private Ambulance companies that will help me sharpen my skills while earning a much needed paycheck in the meantime.

Look forward to open discussions regarding medicine.

Medic817

Forum Ride Along
I'm going through kilgore college, the percomonline program. I preferred doing it at my own pace, and I've had success with them through the AEMT program. My basic I earned at TEEX out in college station.

I started studying the paramedic material as soon as I became a basic so It's looking like I'll be finished by the summer. Which agency are you with?

Gotcha. That's awesome I'll be finishing my paramedic by May as well from Lone Star College. All I have left is my capstone/internship, a&p2 and a kinesiology class and I'll have the degree. I just finished Cypress Creek EMS' academy I start my first Basic in charge (training) shift on the 22nd. I've heard that about percom and doing it at your pace but I'm glad I did it this way and definitely ready to be done.

DrBeat

Forum Ride Along
Hello everyone! I'm new here :)

I'm not actually a doctor but I'm a volunteer EMT of the Italian Red Cross in a small town near Garda Lake (Northern Italy). Here in my town the Red Cross provides Emergency Medical Services with two ALS ambulances linked to the "118 Servizio Sanitario" (Medical Service, the Italian counterpart of "911") dedicated to medical emergencies only.

I've recently passed the BLS-D exam and i'm currently moving my first steps as EMT. Until i take the third and final exam, i'm allowed to take part in non-urgent transports and events where an ambulance is required. However my role is mostly the role of an observer at the moment. I help with retreiving the stretcher or assisting with heavy patients and difficult paths like walking up the stairs with a stretcher up to the third floor sorrounded by dozens of flower pots and all sort of plants (it looked like a jungle) :rofl:.