The Official EMTLIFE Introduction Thread

loves2(k)box84

Forum Ride Along
Hello all, I'm Michelle from Northern California. I finished my EMT-B last Dec but didn't take the NREMT until last month. Just got my cert in the mail :)

I am also in nursing school (after waiting 4 yrs to get in!) and just finished up my first semester in a 2 year ADN program so I'll graduate Dec 2012. My dream is to work as an ER nurse and possibly flight nurse or critical care transport nurse part time.

I fell in love with EMS/emergency nursing/pre-hospital care in a roundabout way. I work as a hospital housekeeper to get my foot in the door there and by chance, I was always scheduled in the ED. I just love the culture of the ED, it is SO much different than floor nursing and WAY more exciting if you ask me. Of course it was also really awesome when I did my 10 hour clinical for EMT class and got to pretty much help save a man's life after he coded (chest compressions, ventilating). All of that pretty much sparked that fire in me! I'm hooked!

Been trying to get an ER tech or EMT-B position but it's been rough because of my limited schedule. I've been on this website like crazy and am really glad it came into my life!

hobbit2009

Forum Ride Along
Hello everyone! My name is Evan. I am 20 years old and live in the Midwest. I am currently awaiting certification as an EMT-B. I have completed my computer-based exam and tomorrow, 6/4/2011, I take my practical exam. I've always had a love for careers in medicine, particularily emergency medicine. This could have something to do with the fact that my mother is an RN and one of my step-fathers was a Bio-Med. So I've been around medical professionals my whole life.
I'm extremely nervous about passing practical testing, but i've been studying for what feels like forever, so hopefully it will pay off. I decide to join this forum because i'd heard so many good things about it and I thought it would be great to have a place to talk about EMS.

looking forward to meeting new people!
~Evan~

musicistheforce

Forum Probie
Hey Guys! I'm Kara from Florida!
I just finished my EMT-B class this past May and found out this morning that I passed th NREMT! I'm about to apply to nursing school, and my eventual goal is to be a ER nurse or a flight nurse. I got introduced into the world of EMS by a mock disaster drill my University in Alabama did last year, I was one of the critically injured students and was transported from my dorm to the hospital via ambulance with a EMT in the back. She got me interested because she was patient enough to answer all of my questions and explain everything that was going on!

addictedforever

Forum Crew Member
Hi y'all! I'm a 19 y/o female livin' in the Pacific Northwest. My dad's been an EMT-B since I was 2, so I've grown up around EMS all my life. My dream is a flight paramedic, but for now I'm still trying to get accepted into Basic class.

Been a CNA since I was barely 16, and have ridden along on my future volunteer ambulance several times. Loved it every single time. So lookin' forward to it!

I've always know I wanted to be in EMS, but it was only when I was 16 and had a dislocated elbow and needed to be transported via ambulance, that I knew for sure that I wanted to become an EMT. The paramedic riding in back with me challenged me to become one, and that has become my goal ever since. :)

95neonacr

Forum Ride Along
hey just wanted to introduce myself Im Adam currently and EMT-B in pennsylvania.. I have been with Goodwill Ambulance for 6 months now.

saskvolunteer

Forum Lieutenant
Hey all, just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Colby and I'm a Firefighter in a small community outside the capital city of Saskatchewan, Canada. I'm attending school this January to get my PCP (EMT-B) and hope to continue serving in a rural setting. That's all for now.

Cleaver68

Forum Probie
My names Kevin...I'm 21, currently an emt-b and in Medic school, only a couple weeks left..then takin the NR. Plan on doin my fire academy either fall or winter.

I've been a member on the site for a while, but I haven't done much posting though. I do like some of the discussiobs though, helps me get through all my clinical/ride along hours Haha

wandering_idiot

Forum Crew Member
ye olde intro...

I'm quite aware that I tend to move around a lot and make a jackass of myself so I figured I would get any misconceptions out of the way and be upfront- hence the name.

My name is Dave and I'm an alcoholic (sorry, wrong forum). I'm looking for information and, as always, job opportunities, so I figure it's better than being sober and looking; I consider it one of my 'multi-tasking' skills.

I will clue you in, though, I may not be looking long as I should be receiving my millions from Nigeria any day now, they say.

I would prefer to be gainfully employed by some independently wealthy, former Playboy Playmate who is failing to compensate for her nymphomania by practicing her gourmet chef skills and massage therapy on me . However, as this probably isn't the case (but I'm trying to be optimistic that she's out there, somewhere, waiting for me), I suppose it's on to the bio:

I got my EMT and Paramedic training in Alaska and voluntarily ran into burning buildings for free for a few years... then I found out you could do this AND get paid for it but it was a real pain in the *** getting hired on with one of the four paying fire departments in the state. So, I moved with the hopes of getting hired on with a department elsewhere...

I then became a paramedic who used to love getting paid laughable wages for 50+ hours a week running a bus in the states while testing for fire departments and was thinking of changing fields to work remote medicine after a) discovering the janitor at the ER was making $1.26 more an hour than I was and b) remote medicine also paid better than the FD, by quite a bit.

Not getting too detailed with what-I-hope-will-be-a-international-bestseller-in-the-future autobiography, I wound up living overseas, working offshore and/or remotely. Now, while I'm not working, I'm partying...er, looking for exciting opportunities.

I'm on here for job advice, networking, job opportunities, dating advice (which I always trust from a bunch of guys like me on the internet), and how I should organize my sock drawer. Rest assured I will try to do the same for you (never put striped socks by the plaid).

Look forward to hearing from all, or any, of you.

Sincerely,
Mr. Idiot

Anjel

Forum Angel
Whites on one side and colors on the other.

And nvr trust dating advice from guys. Come to us girls and we'll set ya straight ;-)

Welcome aboard

LoveEMT

Forum Ride Along
I'm LoveEMT. I'm an EMT-Basic and have been in the field since 2001. Work both EMS and for a private ambulance transport service. This site sounds like the perfect place for discussions and help. Thanks for having me.

theBRUCE

Forum Ride Along
Hola one and all I'm theBRUCE and I rock hard and whatnot. Recently got my EMT-B license couldn't be happier. I'm a huge Power Rangers fan and an even bigger nerd. That's the basics

jediwill

Forum Crew Member
Newbie here

Hey guys.Glad I found this site...been enjoying reading the posts.I just passed National Registry yesterday for Basic and I love reading about the experiences of others in the field.

LostViet408

Forum Crew Member
Hi guys, I'm an EMTLife addict. On my spare time at work, I'm usually browsing the forum, while I'm eating, I'm also browsing the forum, at the gym, while playing games, well you get the drill lol. I'm from norcal with a nice ambulance company that Is all!

George4

Forum Probie
Intros

Hey all,

My name is Matt, and I am 24 years old. I am an EMT-B working for AMR in the bay area of San Francisco. I am currently in paramedic school, and I am about a month out from starting up on my clinical time. I love what I do. My goal is to become a firefighter.

I surf and swim, and play lots of basketball in my spare time. My dream is to retire, buy a sailboat, and sail the south pacific and surf to the end of my days. :)

Take care all!

Dober317

Forum Probie
"Hi!", a (late) introduction written by PK_Jim.

Hi!

I'm Jim, an Emergency Medical Responder (EMR, Connecticut's First Responder) and an EMT-B candidate (passed practicals and applying for the written!). In the fall, I'll be heading to college up in Massachusetts to major in Emergency Medical Services Management and minor in Education. I'll be getting my EMT-P through this program.

I can't say for certainty what my ultimate career goal is, but I'm looking seriously at becoming an EMS-Instructor and possibly a Fire Service Instructor as well...when the time comes for that, of course.

Outside of the career realm, I'm a proud nerd B^) I love retro gaming, as evidenced by my avatar, as well as watching anime, reading manga, and Pokemon--proud fan since '98!

Glad to be here!

EMS2014

Forum Ride Along
Level of EMS? Student - (EMT)
Age you were when you first started EMS - 18
How long in EMS ~0
What type of service - Unknown at this point
Future education plans - Paramedic
Just Graduated HS in May 2011

LisaP

Forum Ride Along
Hello....

My name is Lisa and I'm a Phlebotomist in the land of Dixie. Great forum and glad to be here.