The "Green Machine" is moving to in to Houston and Dallas!

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
I have never heard anyone that works for them consider it to be a Top Notch company is all, I have heard the opposite infact(except for good pay).

Who have you been talking to?

I know of a couple hundred Texas employees that will agree with me that Acadian is a top notch company and a great place to work.

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
Apparently not the same Texas employees that you have been talking to, but being a Field Supervisor you might get different answers than I. More than one person stated "But you didn't hear that from me, this company is Fire Crazy if you say one bad thing"

Acadian is good as far as Privates go, I will say that. Infact I would like to see Acadian get into the California market like Paramedics Plus is, Rural Metro and AMR have dominated and ruined that Market for years. It would be nice for other larger strong companies to come in and finally promote decent wage and benfits to the EMS personnel there.

Last edited by a moderator:

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Apparently not the same Texas employees that you have been talking to, but being a Field Supervisor you might get different answers than I. More than one person stated "But you didn't hear that from me, this company is Fire Crazy if you say one bad thing"

Acadian is good as far as Privates go, I will say that. Infact I would like to see Acadian get into the California market like Paramedics Plus is, Rural Metro and AMR have dominated and ruined that Market for years. It would be nice for other larger strong companies to come in and finally promote decent wage and benfits to the EMS personnel there.

We arent fire crazy at all. Quite the opposite. We invest too much in our people to not keep them.

Though Im an Ops Super our employees are still pretty open and blunt when they are they arent happy and I tend to hear about it pretty quick.

California is way too far to go. Though the weather is awesome.

tssemt2010

Forum Lieutenant

i agree, i know 2 former supervisors and they both hated it with a passion, fire crazy, and extremely controlling and at one point told one of them "for 20 dollars an hour we own you, you better pick up that phone when we call"

terrible one

Always wandering

AMR is really the only dominant company in CA.
R/M is only in SD county (maybe not for long) and only recently got a Santa Clara County.
I think most counties in CA are getting tired of AMR, but of course I have no stats on that.

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
AMR is really the only dominant company in CA.
R/M is only in SD county (maybe not for long) and only recently got a Santa Clara County.
I think most counties in CA are getting tired of AMR, but of course I have no stats on that.

True that, while I found that AMR was "decent" I do see how competition would really change things.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
i agree, i know 2 former supervisors and they both hated it with a passion, fire crazy, and extremely controlling and at one point told one of them "for 20 dollars an hour we own you, you better pick up that phone when we call"

Not near this bad for the supervisors. Yes we carry a work phone that gets emails and my employees do sometimes call me on my off days but I dont mind. Im here for the company and here for them- it's what I do. Im also paid alot better than $20/hour to do all this.

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
Not near this bad for the supervisors. Yes we carry a work phone that gets emails and my employees do sometimes call me on my off days but I dont mind. Im here for the company and here for them- it's what I do. Im also paid alot better than $20/hour to do all this.

What do you think of Acadian's Paramedic School?

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
I will say this, given the choice between Acadian, and all other privates in the Houston area. I am going Acadian all the way.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
What do you think of Acadian's Paramedic School?

The only site i have experience with is the Austin site. The program is tough but the NEMSA first time registry pass rate is nearly 90% so the students are pretty well prepared when they get out. I know being able to pass a test isnt the only indicator but the ones finishing are good, entry level medics.

JDub

Forum Lieutenant
What type of contract did Acadian take over for their Lake Dallas operations? Do they have the 911 contract or do they just do IFT?