the 100% directionless thread

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I never thought I’d see a news story saying “Bill Cosby conviction overturned”.

Truly a horrible day for women who’ve been sexually assaulted. :/

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

That's what happens when prosecutors try to get around a defendant's right against self-incrimination.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader

That's what happens when prosecutors try to get around a defendant's right against self-incrimination.
Exactly. The prosecutor's office made a public statement that they weren't going to charge him. That became binding upon successor DA's... Therefore Mr. Cosby made self-incriminating statements in a civil trial which were then used against him. That went against the public statement, therefore goes against 5th Amendment, ergo the prosecutor's office shouldn't have either made the statement or shouldn't have charged him in the first place. Then at civil trial (if that was allowed to proceed), Mr. Cosby could have refused to answer certain questions based on possible 5th Amendment grounds.

While he has been released from Prison and his conviction overturned, everyone knows exactly who and what he is and he's radioactive to showbiz, nobody is going to want to touch him for any role.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Long story short... Drove my ambulance over to the ER to visit my kid who got 4 staples in his head. My favorite doc was on shift and took care of him so that was nice.

And this is why you don't jump on the bed kids.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Long story short... Drove my ambulance over to the ER to visit my kid who got 4 staples in his head. My favorite doc was on shift and took care of him so that was nice.

And this is why you don't jump on the bed kids.
It wasn't the jumping on the bed that resulted in the staples, it was the landing.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
It wasn't the jumping on the bed that resulted in the staples, it was the landing.
True! But you usually cut out the landing if you get rid of the jumping.

But did the Doc say "no more monkeys jumping on the bed"?
Oh just about everyone including my wife and I.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
But did the Doc say "no more monkeys jumping on the bed"?
All that damn song has done has encouraged every child ever to jump. This all our kids ever did when listening to it.
So he stuck the landing. Olympics material right there!
Haha, I half caught our son the other day and he smacked the back of his dome on our kitchen floor.

Luckily genetics are in his favor with a rather hard, thick cranium. He didn't even have as much as a bruise, but what a thud. I about felt bad for the flooring.

It does give true meaning to the term "gravity falls(...and wins)" when watching disproportionate toddlers fall head first. Every. Single. Time.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
EMS is getting 4 new Ford F350 ambulances to replace existing units (plus a couple other specialty support trucks)

The new vehicles also come with new features that were designed to respond to the COVID-19 situation, including ultraviolet decontamination lights, dual air conditioning compressors, and barrier doors with windows separating the cab from the back of the ambulances.

Also part of Thursday’s blessing was a Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosives (CBRNE) Unit, which is equipped to monitor mass gatherings, has infrared and night cameras, and an onboard generator. The unit cost $295,000. A separate vehicle, Disaster Response-1, which carries supplies for disasters and mass casualties was the last to be blessed.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
I don’t think that the dollar store understands what AMR does. Took this pic a few days ago

8A0B3688-CE78-41DA-A6CF-8DF791617E4C.jpeg

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Waking up to news reports that a 737 crashed off Oahu last night 😳😳😳

Turns out yes a 737-200 (not one of the MAX planes) cargo plane developed engine trouble and was trying to return to the airport when it went down.

Only 2 crewmembers onboard, both successfully rescued, one by Coast Guard helicopter flown straight to the hospital, the other by FD rescue boat, transferred to ground ambulance.

So whew. But still... the news has just been full of WTF?! lately...

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

Turns out yes a 737-200 (not one of the MAX planes) cargo plane developed engine trouble and was trying to return to the airport when it went down.

Only 2 crewmembers onboard, both successfully rescued, one by Coast Guard helicopter flown straight to the hospital, the other by FD rescue boat, transferred to ground ambulance.

When did the FAA let the 737 Max fly again?

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief

Your new TV was on board.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
When did the FAA let the 737 Max fly again?

jim said is wasn’t one of the Max jets. I think they’re still grounded?
FAA cleared the MAX's to resume service back in November 2020, Transport Canada and the EASA cleared the MAX in January 2021, though China has yet to clear the MAX.