the 100% directionless thread

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Moving is such a pain. We moved to our new house a month ago. We still have boxes that need unpacked.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
I'm the newest employee of my service/county.

First shift should be Wednesday.

I'm getting a bit hyped to get back to work.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Moving is such a pain. We moved to our new house a month ago. We still have boxes that need unpacked.

I hear you. I keep my stuff in my easily stacked Lowes heavy duty boxes because I've moved 3 times so far including moving out.

April will be the 4th.

I'm sick of it

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Lots going on today.

Because I'm now employed, called Navy Federal for a Balance transfer card. Debt is about 2,500. I was approved for a 0% APR for 18 months for 1,000. They said to message them and they should be able to increase the limit for the full amount.

One big step in cranking down on all the little things I need to start hunting down in my life. Just one thing at a time. One day at a time. Keep working, keep my chin up. Don't give up.

Feels like a sigh of relief.

The next steps financially will be to:

Budget tighter to make sure I'm halting the debt train for good

Get a cheaper apartment my lease is up in April
Work as much as possible between school. The apartment should be equidistant between work and school to minimize travel costs.

Probably get another second job. Wing place has been crickets when I've reached out to them.

My preauthorized sleep study went from 25$ copay to randomly showing up at $900 in my account without notice. I talked to the provider and told them to take it up with the insurance and they said they would. They did and came back to tell me it's now about $1,200.

You can't just refuse to schedule me because you need a preauthorization and then not honor it. That's an increase of 4800%

I sent them a 5 page letter. I'm upset and fuming and refusing to take this. This is lies and fraudulent. I have the document to show they said it was 25$ and I was told that on the phone as well. This isn't right.

I'm getting there. Just gotta calm down and take it piece by piece.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Turns out a lot of places want you to have credit to rent. I've never had a credit card or bank loan. However, it turns out there is such a thing as a credit builder loan where you "borrow" a sum of money which the bank holds onto until you have made all the payments over time and then they release the funds to you. Sort of forced savings account that you pay interest on. You can also have a credit card secured using the money in the account. I'm not interested in the temptation of an unsecured credit card at this time.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Since I withdrew from the health officer position, and given my current low energy reserves, I decided that it would be best if I withdrew from the EMT program as well. At this point it's somewhat humorous at how many attempts I've made at work/education only to crash and burn after a period of sustained effort. At this point I think I will look into applying for disability at least so I can quit bumming off my family.

If anyone has any words of encouragement, I could use em. If anyone has any words of discouragement, stuff em

In other news, my CPAP appointment is tomorrow!

Last edited:

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Wish me luck on a test tomorrow.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
So I’m going to apply for an ER/ED tech job at my local hospital. I was debating on a part time 911 job or an ER/ED tech. Figured that the tech job will help me with my nursing goal.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Wish me luck on a test tomorrow.
So, do you want good luck or bad luck? I'm happy to oblige... 🤪

Seriously though, good luck!

And I (somehow) managed to score 94% on my MICN written exam the other day. I still don't know how I did it...

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
So, do you want good luck or bad luck? I'm happy to oblige... 🤪

Seriously though, good luck!

And I (somehow) managed to score 94% on my MICN written exam the other day. I still don't know how I did it...
All the luck I can get! :eek:

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Turns out a lot of places want you to have credit to rent. I've never had a credit card or bank loan. However, it turns out there is such a thing as a credit builder loan where you "borrow" a sum of money which the bank holds onto until you have made all the payments over time and then they release the funds to you. Sort of forced savings account that you pay interest on. You can also have a credit card secured using the money in the account. I'm not interested in the temptation of an unsecured credit card at this time.
For the first part of my credit card life, my parents said it was a horrible idea. They told me not to. I did it anyway. (Renters, some jobs, etc check your credit, you can't just avoid it your whole life)

For a few years I built credit from scratch and got up to 830 or so. It came in handy several times.

I paid off the card every time I used it.

Then hard times and tons of expenses and finances and spending habits I couldn't keep up with.

I tanked and snowballed.

Now I'm on the up again. I think. And I know a lot more now. Just needed the experience of living on my own and all of this.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Damn, 30 patients MCI, half of them black tagged... out of a single SUV?! Jeez that must've been a horrible scene....

Having that many people in an SUV down in those areas is not a new idea. Illegal immigration is a huge issue down there. My base responded down there for it.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Having that many people in an SUV down in those areas is not a new idea. Illegal immigration is a huge issue down there. My base responded down there for it.
Does Imperial Co even have that many ambulances to transport everyone from that scene? Even here, that would pretty much tap us out, or as close to it (especially with the usual other ongoing calls)

Aprz

The New Beach Medic

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Does Imperial Co even have that many ambulances to transport everyone from that scene? Even here, that would pretty much tap us out, or as close to it (especially with the usual other ongoing calls)
27 patients total parties involved. 14 of them DOA. 1 was pronounced during transport from what reports are saying. 12 left to handle. 4 were flown out so you only have 8 left. It’s very unlikely that everyone else was a critical patient so ambulances could easily transport 2 or more patients if they are stable.

It very likely sent them down to level zero however none of their ambulances transported to far away destinations as the SOP down there is either: call for a bird or if no birds are available then transport to the closest ED and they will call one.

EDIT: updated to 26 patients total (25 in the SUV and 1 in the semi truck). 12 DOAs and 1 was pronounced at arrival to the ED.

Looking at flight radars it looks like 4 were flown directly from the scene to trauma center and about an hour later one was transferred from the local ED to the trauma center.

Last edited: