the 100% directionless thread

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Signed up for a refresher. They seem to creep up faster and faster. Haven't even done one minute of CE yet.
Seems every time I blink...

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Seems every time I blink...
I submitted my NREMT recert in October. And I am about to finish the refresher course already for my new NREMT.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Got more detailed sleep study results. The night time sleep went fine. But they said during the daytime sleepiness, I fell asleep during all 5 naps. I didn't know I fell asleep for all of them, just maybe 1-2.

He says it could be a different form of narcolepsy, but doesn't present standardly because there's no REM.

He could rx a stimulant like provigil or nuvigil, but with my Vyvanse, it might have bad side effects. He says I could try vyvanse every day rather than PRN and that might help. Otherwise copious amounts of caffeine or getting naps is really only it.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Also, the state program for first responders is getting me 2 free visits for therapy. First one Friday.

I'm gonna take this year by the horns 😤

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I dare say that Kuiu’s packs are the lightest frame packs available on the market. I think mine stock is 4.5 pounds.
Not bad. I believe mine is a bit over 5. I'm surprised it is priced as it is, the rest of their stuff is expensive.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
My pup loves Home Depot. They even gave her a vest to wear when I take her shopping with me. No employee discount though.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
My dream p/t job is working at home depot.

I prefer Lowe’s.

I’d work at Sportsman’s warehouse p/t just for the employee discount. Or Ace Hardware seeing as how I spent most of my time at either of those stores.

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
I prefer Lowe’s.

I’d work at Sportsman’s warehouse p/t just for the employee discount. Or Ace Hardware seeing as how I spent most of my time at either of those stores.
you just want to know when they have ammo in stock, huh? :)

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
you just want to know when they have ammo in stock, huh? :)

Naw. I’m content with what I have. Although if I could snag a box of 100 of 5.56 or .223 I wouldn’t complain either. I need to do a range day.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Almost home from DC!

Reactions: 9D4

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
After 6 years of being out of the field, I walked out of the cognitive this AM and thought there was absolutely no way I passed.

Somehow I did. Now to figure out where to take the psychomotor since there's no tests in Az for the next year or if I'm qualified for a provisional cert.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
When I get baths, I normally fill up the tub with very hot water and get it barely to the level where it won't burn me. Makes me all pink and warm. Cozy.

I can't take less than hot baths because Ill be shivering and super cold by the time I get it. BMI of 16 and change maybe.

Couldn't have a bath twice because the water got cold. There's an issue with it. Third time, the bath wasn't very warm and the water got cold and I had to get out early.

After Bubble bath 2 attempt, I used up all the bubble bath and decided to buy more at the store after a doctor's appointment while traffic was bad.

I take the bath, wasn't as hot as I liked so I had to get out early. But the bath was an aromatherapy thing and it was nice and bubbly. Smelled good. It was a decent bath.

I got a little itchy in the bath but thought little of it. Happens sometimes, right?

Today I'm itchy all over with a mild rash over most of my body.

Maintenance came for a third time to try and fix the water pressure and heat.

Bath time isn't going well for me lately.

cruiseforever

Forum Asst. Chief
Had a 99 y.o STEMI pt.. I have a feeling the ER thought I was crazy activating the Cath. Lab until they met her. She lived home alone and was in great shape.