the 100% directionless thread

Rano Pano

Forum Lieutenant
I’m the span of a month I welcomed my first born into the world, and received the news my mother has stage 4 cancer.
I lost the appeal of the emergency calls long ago. I enjoy them but it’s not what drives me. Now more then ever I’m wondering if I’m better suited for more chronic conditions and as a RN.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Man I thought vehicle repairs were bad.

I really went bad on credit cards these last 6 months.

I might be able to be debt free by Christmas.

I'm doing way better at work. Just need to work on maps and locations.

Tips on how to learn it?

I've tried flashcards and looking at maps and it's not clicking. I'm going to be driving out there tomorrow to try and just drive it myself

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Man I thought vehicle repairs were bad.

All told I have over $5000 remaining to pay. My welder sister doesn't mind loaning me the money, though, to be paid back whenever I get my head sorted enough to start working regularly.

Seirende

You know how they say life will chew you up and spit you out?

Still waiting to be spat out.

Seirende

Calling up the pharmacist... "Hey, if I take methylphenidate and propranolol together, will they both still have an effect?"

Pharmacist said probably, so here I am mixing a beta blocker and a stimulant.

Seirende

Hmm, the overall effect seems to be good. Drug experimentation isn't always bad, kiddos.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
"Hey dad, I wanna help put on those new exhaust hangers, also, Im going to put my mouth up to the exhaust and scream hello"
20200902_165453.jpg

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
"Hey dad, I wanna help put on those new exhaust hangers, also, Im going to put my mouth up to the exhaust and scream hello" View attachment 5082
Reminds me of when dad would set me down on the wheel well in the engine compartment and had me a socket, saying "change the spark plugs"

For all you yung'uns that don't know what I mean, there actually used be room to work under the hood.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Reminds me of when dad would set me down on the wheel well in the engine compartment and had me a socket, saying "change the spark plugs"

For all you yung'uns that don't know what I mean, there actually used be room to work under the hood.
Yep, this was on my 84 K10. 6 inch lift I can even sit up cross legged to work underneath it.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Just changed the oil with the bf on my 4Runner for the first time. It was very easy.
Ive been pretty deadset on a new 4runner for a couple years now, then I saw the Kia Telluride. Never thought I would even consider a Kia but its my new front runner.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
If I had an extra 90 grand laying around I'd be talking to a dealer about buying a Ram TRX.

Not that I need an off road desert racing tuned pickup that probably gets single digit mpg (because it has a freaking 700 horsepower supercharged 6.2L Hemi V8 with 650lb ft of torque, 0-60 in 4.5 seconds) in urban HI... I dont need... I dont need... I dont need...WANT! But can't afford lol

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
If I had an extra 90 grand laying around I'd be talking to a dealer about buying a Ram TRX.

Not that I need an off road desert racing tuned pickup that probably gets single digit mpg (because it has a freaking 700 horsepower supercharged 6.2L Hemi V8 with 650lb ft of torque, 0-60 in 4.5 seconds) in urban HI... I dont need... I dont need... I dont need...WANT! But can't afford lol
Well, considering where you live you'd need 90K for the truck and another 90K for gas. Lol

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
"Hey dad, I wanna help put on those new exhaust hangers, also, Im going to put my mouth up to the exhaust and scream hello" View attachment 5082

Brings up memories of my dad yelling at me to hold the damn flashlight right where he wants it. Or my dad yelling at me while I would be behind the wheel with him giving me directions trying to hook up the trailer... builds character.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Brings up memories of my dad yelling at me to hold the damn flashlight right where he wants it. Or my dad yelling at me while I would be behind the wheel with him giving me directions trying to hook up the trailer... builds character.

Pepperidge farms remembers

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I might become a paramedic preceptor. I just took that fisdap preceptor class with a bunch of videos. It was painful to watch. My company makes us apply and interview to be preceptors so that's next.