the 100% directionless thread

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Since it was more than one, ambulances was the plural.

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
And it’s HALL Ambulance. I can guarantee Uncle Harv is cringing, and rolling over in his grave every time it’s pronounced in the plural form.
I wonder if he was buried in the purple suit he wore when I met him during my interview.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Found bittersweet nightshade in my brother and SIL's backyard, right at the height of their twin toddlers, so we're having a nightshade pulling party this evening

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
The covid hits keep on coming. I can't get the broadheads I want, apparently related to shut downs earlier in the year.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
The covid hits keep on coming. I can't get the broadheads I want, apparently related to shut downs earlier in the year.
I just got my new bow set up the other week. Got a few minor tweaks to make. Fortunately I've got some old fixed blade Muzzys sitting around to use.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I feel like this was a first, respond to an Urgent Care where the MD was actually very useful in treating the Pt and giving us a report

(35 yo F pt came in for an allergic reaction, Doc gave her Epi and Benadryl and gave us a nice concise handover report)

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Damn if I didn’t have distance standards I would’ve shot a 4x4 at 71 yards this am.

Also I have 7 packs of broad heads... rookies... always keep a healthy stock.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Damn if I didn’t have distance standards I would’ve shot a 4x4 at 71 yards this am.

Also I have 7 packs of broad heads... rookies... always keep a healthy stock.
I have plenty of various types, im just notorious for changing arrow setups every year. I want to stick with a cut on contact head.

I started out with 200 grain single bevels but I was underspined and going up was no gaurantee either. Then I bought a 3 pack of 125gr magnus black hornets to try, I liked them and now I can't get more.

dutemplar

Forum Captain
So, the dude wearing a paramedic cap in Kenosha who was almost disarmed... please say he isnt a real paramedic.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
So, the dude wearing a paramedic cap in Kenosha who was almost disarmed... please say he isnt a real paramedic.
You mean the 17 year Illinois resident who was arrested for shooting three people?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
The ban hammer got the spammer double tap this morning. That is all.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I know right like dude if you’re going to party don’t rep the profession like that and definitely don’t wuss out when it’s time to dance.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
You mean the guy pretending to be a “medic” who pulled out a pistol and attempted to kill the 17 year old who had already been attacked and was defending himself? That one? He’s lucky he just got hit in the arm.

All three attackers who tried to kill the 17 year old are convicted Felons.
The 17 year old tried to get away but was blitzed. All this after one of them tried to throw a Molotov cocktail.

Get your facts straight. Stop cheering on rioters and criminals just because they self identify as “medics”.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I have plenty of various types, im just notorious for changing arrow setups every year. I want to stick with a cut on contact head.

I started out with 200 grain single bevels but I was underspined and going up was no gaurantee either. Then I bought a 3 pack of 125gr magnus black hornets to try, I liked them and now I can't get more.

I shot magnus stingers for years, 125gr I think. I now shoot Blackout Toxiks 100gr. Bass Pro will have a sale $17 for a pack of 3 a couple times a year. Every broadhead I’ve shot I’ve had complete pass through’s on animals.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
So I’m looking nationally for a paramedic job with leadership and/or education potential. Still employed, looking for late 2020 or Q1 2021.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Got off shift yesterday and did a few errands. Slept VERY well in this new station. It's ridiculously nice. Everyone had their own room with their own AC and heat and fan (with remote) and sleep number bed and all of that. The whole station is super nice and modern.

Started feeling a little queasy. Went to bed early with a growing headache. Felt worse and worse.I took two Tylenol for the headache and drank water. Fumbled the bottle and spilled the rest on the ground.

Got pretty nauseous. Even turned on the AC and fan I felt so hot. Woke up and went to bed a few times. Woke up and knew I was going to puke soon (I don't usually puke when I feel sick. The one time in probably 10+ years was due to food poisoning)

I puke not long after. It's all brown and mucous. I start to get worried and text my boyfriend who is on shift.

I decide to sleep in the bathroom cause I'm not feeling well at all.

I started to worry about the puke but then remembered I ate Oreo Os earlier and it's probably okay puke. Not sure why I puked.

Keep waking up and not feeling well.

My boyfriend wakes me up and asks how I'm doing. He wants to know if I want to stay on the floor or to sleep in my bed. I don't want to eat or drink anything but my headache is still pretty bad.

I just lay on the floor. He brings my pillow and I sleep there. He falls asleep next to me.

Eventually I feel less nauseous to the point I sleep in my bed with a trash can ready. He brought Gatorade and soup and stuff.

I eventually feel like eating and drank some Gatorade with the soup.

I go back to bed and sleep decently he layed next to me, but the headache persisted and I took more Tylenol.

I'm so glad I'm not due in to work soon.

Eventually fell asleep for a good while. He wakes me up asking how I'm feeling. Compared to earlier, way better. Maybe I just ate something bad. I dunno.

He has to go so he can get back home, get ready, and go to work.

It is really nice to have someone checking in on you and taking care of you. 😭

Just holding his hand when I don't feel well made me happy. Now I know why pts do it (I still held their hand before though. It made them happy)

I'm feeling a lot better now. Finished the soup and trying to drink more fluids. Did a few errands over the phone.

I have a Pharamacology assignment due soon I'll do today.

I'm just lucky to have him. (And others who would check on me if needed)

It's very different than before. And it's good.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Was having some insomnia, like ~4hrs of sleep at home no calls or whatever. (The night before we got chewed the F*** out was a sub 4hr night) Tried taking some melatonin supplements including a sublingual spray, felt like it just screwed me up more.

Bought a bottle of ZzzQuil, the clear "no additives" stuff, label says 30ml dose nightly, only been taking 15ml at home (none at work) and even at station this whole last week all 7, 7½hrs ea night, feel Soooooooo much better

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Was having some insomnia, like ~4hrs of sleep at home no calls or whatever. (The night before we got chewed the F*** out was a sub 4hr night) Tried taking some melatonin supplements including a sublingual spray, felt like it just screwed me up more.

Bought a bottle of ZzzQuil, the clear "no additives" stuff, label says 30ml dose nightly, only been taking 15ml at home (none at work) and even at station this whole last week all 7, 7½hrs ea night, feel Soooooooo much better

Melatonin made me almost trip out. I dunno what it was doing. I felt like I was falling in a hole with my eyes closed.