the 100% directionless thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I had a partner that would take hot water and add the EMS room ketchup packets to make "tomato soup.". He would also take saltines, cheese, and ketchup and call it lasagna.
What happened to that psychopath?

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Boyfriend and friends threw me a surprise party 🥳.

Had some pizza and snacks and pinata.

Then we had an icing and silly string fight.

Man I'm so stick with icing. All over my face and hair and arms.

Good times.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Man, I miss EMS

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Yesterday started off bad enough when an attack of insomnia left me awake until past 0200 before finally falling asleep night before shift, and then shuft didn't go so great either with the Captain literally yelling at the whole crew (and he's not a yeller, typically relaxed kinda guy too) before lunch (especially when he singled me out for some BS so I was getting chewed out in front of the crew too)

That was not a fun shift, at all...

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Yesterday started off bad enough when an attack of insomnia left me awake until past 0200 before finally falling asleep night before shift, and then shuft didn't go so great either with the Captain literally yelling at the whole crew (and he's not a yeller, typically relaxed kinda guy too) before lunch (especially when he singled me out for some BS so I was getting chewed out in front of the crew too)

That was not a fun shift, at all...

If you're gonna get chewed out it should be behind closed doors. Imo

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
If you're gonna get chewed out it should be behind closed doors. Imo
Depends on the reason. Sometimes, albeit very rarely, it is more beneficial to have others see it.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Anyone seeing an uptick in atypical pneumonias? Have seen quite a few very sick Legionella pneumonia and such covid negative patients lately. Suspected to be due to cloth masks

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Anyone seeing an uptick in atypical pneumonias? Have seen quite a few very sick Legionella pneumonia and such covid negative patients lately. Suspected to be due to cloth masks
Not yet in my neck of the woods... we've been seeing mostly either COVID presentations or typical pneumonias. Good to know you're starting to see these so I'll be on the lookout for this.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
No, but I've had an uptick in being way too ****ing close to people getting shot or shot at. Twice this week I've been 50 or so yards away. I've lost count of how many GSW's I've ran this summer, but its been violent as hell.

I do think it opens some doors for us to bring some needed updates to our trauma care though, so I guess there is that.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
For the first time as an adult I'm receiving Foodshare benefits... I should write a note to the government and thank them for the delicious banana I had earlier.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
There could be two hurricanes in the gulf soon. Work sent an email about being able to be away from home for 72 hours at least.

I'm training they told us during hurricane season, if we flood, don't get into a boat unless you have a life jacket.

I can't swim 🤣

I've never been in a hurricane before. 😅

We'll see how this goes.

Not sure how my snake will do without power if things get bad. 🐍

Any tips on preparedness?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
There could be two hurricanes in the gulf soon. Work sent an email about being able to be away from home for 72 hours at least.

I'm training they told us during hurricane season, if we flood, don't get into a boat unless you have a life jacket.

I can't swim 🤣

I've never been in a hurricane before. 😅

We'll see how this goes.

Not sure how my snake will do without power if things get bad. 🐍

Any tips on preparedness?
You missed out on Hurricane Harvey?

Non perishable food, water and water purification, batteries or solar charger for your phone, toiletries. Problem is if you don't have it stock piled by now, you're not going to have much of a selection or quantity to choose from. Keep your gas tank above 3/4.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
You missed out on Hurricane Harvey?

Non perishable food, water and water purification, batteries or solar charger for your phone, toiletries. Problem is if you don't have it stock piled by now, you're not going to have much of a selection or quantity to choose from. Keep your gas tank above 3/4.

Yeah. I was too far north to be affected then.

For water purification do you use tablets or filtration?

Yeah I guess I hadn't really been thinking of hurricanes... such a weird thing to worry about in my mind. Might as well be stockpiling for a snowstorm, as it previously felt like.

I stockpiled dry goods. Probably should get some water and stuff. The stations all have 72 hours worth of rations and water. So there's that. (If on duty and stuck at a station that is)

Dumb🌀

silver

Forum Asst. Chief
More than your average year, as legionella cases are most common in late summer?

Old Tracker

Forum Asst. Chief
Yeah. I was too far north to be affected then.

Yeah I guess I hadn't really been thinking of hurricanes... such a weird thing to worry about in my mind. Might as well be stockpiling for a snowstorm, as it previously felt like.

I stockpiled dry goods. Probably should get some water and stuff. The stations all have 72 hours worth of rations and water. So there's that. (If on duty and stuck at a station that is)

Dumb🌀

Batteries can come in handy if you lose power. AAA, AA, C, D, whatever your stuff needs.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

Yeah I guess I hadn't really been thinking of hurricanes... such a weird thing to worry about in my mind.
Both.

And what did you think those hurricane evacuation and contraflow signs on all the highways were for? Rofl