the 100% directionless thread

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Of they're cool all sharing a futon in a 500sqft studio :rolleyes:;)

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I might have a constant stream of family and friends and my awesome internet friend CALEMT finding excuses to fly out and crash on a couch

When I come over and "visit" I'll be wasted away on the beach in margaritaville(?) mai taiville(?)

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
That moment when you get back to station at 0100 from an 8 hour round trip LDT, you take your pants off for bed, and a run comes out in your district.........and the dispatcher uses common sense and sends another unit. Winning!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
This is one of those mornings when I woke up an hour and a half earlier than I had to and after only 3 1/2 hours of sleep only to finally fall back to sleep 5 minutes before the alarm goes off. o_O

This is one of those mornings when I woke up an hour and a half earlier than I had to and after only 3 1/2 hours of sleep only to finally fall back to sleep 5 minutes before the alarm goes off. o_O

I know that feeling! o_O

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
That moment when you get back to station at 0100 from an 8 hour round trip LDT, you take your pants off for bed, and a run comes out in your district.........and the dispatcher uses common sense and sends another unit. Winning!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I remember that feeling. It's why I work a 12-hour peak truck and refused to go to 24.

fatkid

New, but gettin the hang of EMS
Has anyone ever farted in the ER, while holding the wall, and point at the patient when you see someone who notices the smell???

CALEMT

CALEMT

Old Tracker

Forum Asst. Chief
Last night was a beatin.' No sooner crawl into bed, at 2230 and the siren on the phone goes off. Ambulance coming to the POE from Mexico with 78 yo F with SVT. We haven't even left the POE with the patient and there's another call 16 miles downriver. No second units available, so the ambulance from up north drives down about thirty five miles and meets the second Pt on the highway. Pt had missed her dialysis appointment and was in tough shape. Meanwhile we get to the hospital, haven't even finished turning over the Pt to the ER and there's another call with a 58 yo F, this time that's tachycardic. Ask ER doc if he wants us to bring her or fly her? Use your disgression says he. My EMR knows the Pt since he took her to the hospital last Friday. They were able to arrange an appointment for her on July the 27th. So, 90 miles and a fuel stop later we are back at the POE to pick up Pt #2 with the tackycardia, but managed to find a plane to come get her and fly her to Odessa. Got home at 0630. At least she gets to see a cardiologist before the end of July.

Had a refusal that took over an hour, at noon today. Can't wait to see what happens tonight.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
@Old Tracker, geez! Quite a night. What's your nearest ALS?

Old Tracker

Forum Asst. Chief
The guys from the town up north who will only come about 30 miles down. If they are busy and we are busy, the all volunteer dept. from the town 90 miles away will come down to help out.

We do have one AEMT and one Paramedic who also works down around Big Bend National Park, so she's not always available. The good news is that there will be an AEMT class starting for us at the end of July. Because of the distance for us to the hospital, we as basics get to do quite a bit of stuff most basics don't get to do as part of our scope of practice.