the 100% directionless thread

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Next thing you know guys he's gonna be wearing crocs and going to Sunday brunch...
upload_2017-6-17_23-15-25.png

dont hate....

**not mine**

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
thinking of trying to get a "new"-er car. 2014- present. Who's got suggestions for a late 20's guy! *something fast ish* :D
How about something that's mostly "sensible" and not too horrible? A couple years ago I got a 1-year old Chevy Cruze. Is it fast?? Not really, but it's got some zip and if you recalibrate the computer, add in about $300-400 in parts, it'll get even more zip and it'll eat E85 quite happily. Will it knock your socks off? Will it shove your eyeballs to the back of your head with super acceleration? No... but it'll zip you around and you'll get between about 28 and 40 MPG when you're cruising. I find that if I'm doing about 65, it'll get about 35-ish MPG, 59 gets me about 42 MPG. Doing about 70 gets me around 30 MPG.

Truly, not a bad little "econo-ish" car. As to new vs. used, I would check out cars that are approximately 1-2 years old as they'll likely still have much of their factory warranty. Those are darned-near new and you'll basically be getting a nearly new car at a not new price. That is unless someone's seriously abused it...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
thinking of trying to get a "new"-er car. 2014- present. Who's got suggestions for a late 20's guy! *something fast ish* :D
Here is my vote. It's a very sensible vehicle. It is somewhat fast..ish. It's also completely affordable.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Avoid the Focus. Ford's dual-clutch "semi-automatic" manual isn't great. A traditional hydraulic automatic or CVT would be a more reliable option. My 2015 Focus is OK, but I will likely get something bigger and more reliable in a year or so.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
And FWIW, CarMax was the easiest and best car buying experience I've had in ages. I sold them my BMW for more than the BMW dealership offered and bought a used, clean Silverado crew cab for several thousand less than any other local dealer. I highly recommend them.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Here is my vote. It's a very sensible vehicle. It is somewhat fast..ish. It's also completely affordable.
DONE AND DONE! Let me just take out a mortgage and i'll get your sensible car :D
Thank you everybody, i'm looking for only a semi sensible car, my fiance has the sensible crossover, up to the T in safety features. So i'm looking for the go fast car or the enjoy myself driving car.

Flying

Mostly Ignorant
There you go:
https://www.dodge.com/demon.html

With how refined cars are now, it's hard to go wrong if you want to zip legally: BMW 3 series, Subaru WRX, Toyota 86, Accord V6, Mazdaspeed 3 all come to mind

If you want to have a fear of rainy highway on-ramps, maybe a new-to-you Corvette or a Porsche 944 Turbo will do it.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
If you're not worried about having a back seat, there's always the Mazda mx5 (miata). I want one still lol

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
BMW 3 series, Subaru WRX
was thinking about those two. Im not made out of money yet.. so the demon is a no go atm.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Hellcat challenger?
was thinking a DODGE CHALLENGER R/T SCAT PACK- no 700 horsepower, but still a 485-HP 6.4L 392 HEMI® V8 Engine. and just about half the price. In destroyer grey or maximum steel(dodge's colors)

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
If you're not worried about having a back seat, there's always the Mazda mx5 (miata). I want one still lol

Surrender your man card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Avoid the Focus. Ford's dual-clutch "semi-automatic" manual isn't great. A traditional hydraulic automatic or CVT would be a more reliable option. My 2015 Focus is OK, but I will likely get something bigger and more reliable in a year or so.

Wife y'all car has a CVT and we've had nothing but problems with it.

Just had to replace the entire thing. Thank goodness for extended warranties.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Surrender your man card.

Next best thing on a road course to a motorcycle. That or a del sol. Fun to sling around the track

RocketMedic

I like my little 4 cylinder. I save a lot of money.

RocketMedic

My tummy hurts and I am pooping more than I want to. I think I have typhoid or H. Pylori. Time to cocoon with soup and my new Xbox (after nine years!) and homework.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
A friend contacted me about an opening at an AEL base a little over an hour away. Same schedule and probably about the same money. Sounds like my chances are good.

Ive got some thinking to do. Looks like mostly scene flights and transfers out of critical access hospitals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
That sounds like the perfect call mix