the 100% directionless thread

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
Things I wish I could say to a certain person...

Dear frequent customer/client:

MY NAME IS NOT KIM! It's not even close to my name. I know you think the name I use is masculine, but really, I know a lot of women with my name use the shorter 'boy' version of it. I grew up being called this. Please stop trying to rename me with what you think is a more appropriate name. No, this does not mean I want you to refer to me as sir instead of ma'am. I am female. I was born female. I am not trying to become a man. Yes, I am wearing men's boots. I'm on my feet all day and they are more comfortable, and last a lot longer, than any work boots I've ever bought in the women's department. Yes, I sometimes stick my wallet in my pocket instead of carrying a purse. Purses aren't always practical. Most of the time I do actually carry a purse. Yes, I'm sure your friend did give you the helpful suggestion to refer to people by the gender they are dressed as, but boots and wallet do not make me a cross dresser. Maybe you should try asking people how they want to be called.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Why don't you just say it? What happens? They get offended? It's YOUR name.

MY NAME IS NOT KIM! It's not even close to my name. I know you think the name I use is masculine... REMOVED FOR BREVITY

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
Why don't you just say it? What happens? They get offended? It's YOUR name.
On the job we 're supposed to stay professional and not say things that could be offensive, no matter how the customers/clients act.

The exchange with this person usually goes something like this:

Me: Good morning Ms. ------. How can I help you?

Her: Hi, Kim. I'm here for ----

Me: It's actually ------, and I'll go get that for you.

Her: But that's a boys name and you look more like a Kim.

(I return with what she came for)

Her: Thank you, sir.

Me: Oh no, I'm no sir. Is there anything else I can help you with
?

And at that point she'll say what her friend said about pronouns, or point out the boots, and I'm trying to keep her on the topic of what she came for so I can get her out the door to help the others who are now waiting in line.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
How about you try the Kanye method?

"Ma'am, Imma tell you for the last time. I'm a woman and my name is not Kim. Is there anything else I can tell you to make that clear? No? Have a nice day."

Hahaah. I'd start calling her Fred or Tom.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief

MY NAME IS NOT KIM! It's not even close to my name. I know you think the name I use is masculine, but really, I know a lot of women with my name use the shorter 'boy' version of it. I grew up being called this. Please stop trying to rename me with what you think is a more appropriate name. No, this does not mean I want you to refer to me as sir instead of ma'am. I am female. I was born female. I am not trying to become a man. Yes, I am wearing men's boots. I'm on my feet all day and they are more comfortable, and last a lot longer, than any work boots I've ever bought in the women's department. Yes, I sometimes stick my wallet in my pocket instead of carrying a purse. Purses aren't always practical. Most of the time I do actually carry a purse. Yes, I'm sure your friend did give you the helpful suggestion to refer to people by the gender they are dressed as, but boots and wallet do not make me a cross dresser. Maybe you should try asking people how they want to be called.
...what is your name?

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
2460ff6beb548f9c94ef561fb554d80a.jpg

Well, I guess we'll do a little bit of CPR.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
I go by Chris. Unless I'm working with others named Chris, then I tend to go by my last name, which does sound like a plausible women's name.
I have the name of a three year old girl.

Chris doesn't sound masculine to me.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I think I'm getting sick. :[

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Just watched San Andreas....for a movie whose main character who's an LAFD pilot they sure seem to spend a good chunk of the movie in San Francisco....but I just love how apparently both cities are constructed from paper mache (that and I'm sure helicopter pilots all over are wondering where their own auto hover buttons are lol)

Still, if your into disaster flicks, it was decent, same caliber as 2012 or Day After Tomorrow (take that as you will...)

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
His daughter is my future girlfriend.

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
We stopped using Card 33 and now instead use an NZ specific version of Card 35 with a response within 8, 20 or up to 120 minutes.

I do not understand why a lot of GPs ask for the pt to be transferred in an ambulance. Honestly. Most of them do not need it.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
RACE CARS!
image.jpg

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
Just watched San Andreas....for a movie whose main character who's an LAFD pilot they sure seem to spend a good chunk of the movie in San Francisco....but I just love how apparently both cities are constructed from paper mache (that and I'm sure helicopter pilots all over are wondering where their own auto hover buttons are lol)

Still, if your into disaster flicks, it was decent, same caliber as 2012 or Day After Tomorrow (take that as you will...)

I almost walked out after the "We're going to have to tip the hat." scene, but at least it set you up for what the rest of the movie was going to be like. All in all I didn't hate the movie and tip the hat has officially replaced full retard as my favorite phrase.