the 100% directionless thread

JPINFV

Gadfly
2 more days of surgery... 2! Almost survived my first month... 2 more days until I move to the promise land (EM).

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Hello mushroom, would you like some cake?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
uploadfromtaptalk1406052204900.jpg
Got my co pilot and headed home finally :)

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
The ride along went well, and I think he's gonna be my preceptor. In my county, you have to get a county issued ID to say that you work as an EMT, Paramedic, Paramedic-intern, etc. to operate as one within the county (when picking up patients). So the next step is getting that county issued ID, and I should be set.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
My truck had almost thirty calls last week. The other had maybe ten. That was busy for us

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
So I have to take an a state IV access course for the next three days. You know, the same class I took three years ago. To do the same skills that I've been doing for the past year and a half for a different agency in the system. All because it wasn't taught by an Evil Empire instructor?

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
4 calls per shift? Must be nice!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
So I have to take an a state IV access course for the next three days. You know, the same class I took three years ago. To do the same skills that I've been doing for the past year and a half for a different agency in the system. All because it wasn't taught by an Evil Empire instructor?
I avoided that course when I worked in Colorado lol. But it was a hassle to get them to take my intermediate 85 certs in place of it

Angel

Paramedic
The ride along went well, and I think he's gonna be my preceptor. In my county, you have to get a county issued ID to say that you work as an EMT, Paramedic, Paramedic-intern, etc. to operate as one within the county (when picking up patients). So the next step is getting that county issued ID, and I should be set.

great news!

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I avoided that course when I worked in Colorado lol. But it was a hassle to get them to take my intermediate 85 certs in place of it

This is the first place that wouldn't take my certificate from another approved training center. I've worked at three other places and all of them were totally fine with it.

The AMR op here is solid but they certainly force the kool aid on a bit strong sometimes.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I am lucky to have found a preceptor as of yesterday. My clinical coordinator resigned today! :eek:

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I am lucky to have found a preceptor as of yesterday. My clinical coordinator resigned today! :eek:
Wow. What does that mean for your classmates who may not have found preceptors yet? Hearing about this makes me very grateful I went to paramedic school where I did.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

The more I read about Colorado EMS the more ridiculous it sounds.