the 100% directionless thread

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
Got my results back from my background/credit/employment check back a few mins ago. Starting to looking really good for the September academy.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Started a three week long 8-5 academy for the local AMR operation. Man they take stuff seriously here and you get zero credit for working in the system for a different agency. Apparently I should be fully cleared come winter....:unsure:

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Started a three week long 8-5 academy for the local AMR operation. Man they take stuff seriously here and you get zero credit for working in the system for a different agency. Apparently I should be fully cleared come winter....:unsure:
Is that in addition to your full time gig? Sounds like some long days for a few weeks...

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Is that in addition to your full time gig? Sounds like some long days for a few weeks...

Yup. I have first half coverage for my 24s so some of these days are going to be atrocious. Get out of a eight hour classroom day, drive an hour, and then hop on the truck (or sleep hopefully). Then leave early and do it again.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

Did they happen to say winter of which year? :p:rofl:

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
I would hope they come up with better names.

Ahem. Somebody somewhere spent hours on those names. It's not like thats not what everybody already calls it (except for Jefferson, where did they pull that put of)?

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Ahem. Somebody somewhere spent hours on those names. It's not like thats not what everybody already calls it (except for Jefferson, where did they pull that put of)?

Very true, and good point. I don't know.... they just don't seem.... proper. <shrugs>

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
udebydaj.jpg

Two ninety mile transfers last night... at least it was a pretty sunset. But it's raining so we're screwed
Edit... sunrise. Not sunset. Damn I didn't even know.what time of the day it was

Last edited by a moderator:

dC0m

Forum Crew Member
Just read this online. What do you guys think about California being split into six states (potentially)?
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/07/15/six-californias-tim-draper/12661161/

First thing that came to mind was that applying for reciprocity to be a living hell.:rofl: For example, my cert would be good in "Southern California", but if I wanted to pick up a side gig in "West California", I would have to apply there. And if I wanted to work back at home, I would have to apply for reciprocity in "Silicon Valley".

Aprz

The New Beach Medic

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
The site isn't that busy this morning (still early) but it's good to see that we have visitors from all over checking in.

toplocations.png

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I see me!

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I don't see me. I would be where California is at.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Ah NYC basics, such incredible basigods.