the 100% directionless thread

EMT2B

Forum Lieutenant
Good Samaritan...

Your instructor, if they did say that, is retarded.
As far as I understand it, and I could be totally off-base here, the Good Samaritan law does not prohibit lawsuits being filed. It just protects the person who tries to help.
We live in a society where, if a burglar breaks his leg while breaking into your home, he can sue YOU. And could possibly win! Its a crazy messed-up world we live in.

And ... BTW ...
7192_10151473392011439_577437605_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Had great week last week. Got to end it by getting paid OT to watch fireworks 120 yards from where they were launched. This was on Saturday so it was by third fireworks show...it was a good week.

MissK

Forum Crew Member
I had my dog fixed today. This seemed to be her preferred position of comfort. :/

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373337589.938280.jpg

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Had great week last week. Got to end it by getting paid OT to watch fireworks 120 yards from where they were launched. This was on Saturday so it was by third fireworks show...it was a good week.

I got OT to watch fireworks too... but only one show. :(

Actually, it was double-time and a half, the way our holiday pay works out. :p

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
:rofl:

Chris07

Competent in Incompetence
As far as I understand it, and I could be totally off-base here, the Good Samaritan law does not prohibit lawsuits being filed. It just protects the person who tries to help.

It does protect you from lawsuit...if you are off duty:
http://law.onecle.com/california/health/1799.102.html

Even if you're on duty...so long as your act is not grossly negligent and in good faith, you cannot be held liable:
http://www.heartsafeam.com/files/California_Good_Samaritan_Act.pdf

State: California

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

JPINFV

Gadfly
We live in a society where, if a burglar breaks his leg while breaking into your home, he can sue YOU. And could possibly win! Its a crazy messed-up world we live in.

...and the make or break in whether that lawsuit is filed is going to be the presence of fingerprints?

And ... BTW ...
7192_10151473392011439_577437605_n.jpg

Can I use it when coding for ICD 317-319?

What about in a scientific paper where the growth of something is retarded? You know, like bacteria around a bacterial static antibiotic disk.

Also, shouldn't it be "different needs" and not "special needs"? You know... euphemism treadmill and all.

EMT2B

Forum Lieutenant
What about in a scientific paper where the growth of something is retarded? You know, like bacteria around a bacterial static antibiotic disk.
The chart only refers to people and situations that didn't go your way. Nothing is said about the scientific use of the word. Same as its oft inappropriate to refer to a female human as a b:censored::censored::censored:h, but not inappropriate to use that term when referring to a female canine.

JPINFV

Gadfly
The chart only refers to people and situations that didn't go your way. Nothing is said about the scientific use of the word. Same as its oft inappropriate to refer to a female human as a b:censored::censored::censored:h, but not inappropriate to use that term when referring to a female canine.

...except when the answer is "no" to "did it not go your way," the arrow still points towards "find another word." This is also ignoring the fact that sometimes words migrate away from their original meaning. There's a few good examples, and an excellent Louis CK piece that illustrates this, but I'm pretty much guaranteed to get an infraction for posting the link to it.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
I've seen that Louis C.K. video, pretty much any of his videos would be an infraction haha.
Did anyone watch the premier of Dangerman tonight on BBC? This dude is a freakin' lunatic...

JPINFV

Gadfly
Ladies and gentlemen, Louis CK mad libs.

I wouldn't call them a ____, you know, unless they said something _____ like, "People from Phoenix are called Phoenicians."

What's great is he immediately follows it up with a great discussion of "the N-word." Not _____, but people actually saying "the N-word."

Anjel

Forum Angel
I take my NR written test tomorrow. I wonder how many different threads I can start asking for advice, what to study, and when my results will be online? What about where to find my results on the registry page! Oh Em Gee!

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
I take my NR written test tomorrow. I wonder how many different threads I can start asking for advice, what to study, and when my results will be online? What about where to find my results on the registry page! Oh Em Gee!

After you finish, make sure to tell us how many questions you had and ask whether or not we think you passed. :glare:

Seriously though, good luck.