the 100% directionless thread

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I don't know of a hand gun round I'd go into a fight I knew about before hand I'd choose. Unfortunately the attire required to conceal an M4 is usually not acceptable outside the S&M subculture.....:ph34r:

Somehow ended up reading some anti-vax stuff today. Makes me want to scream.

Anti-vax = retarded. They actively put us at risk for their own complete stupidity, and their kids...yeah, anti-vaccination people. Guess what? Autism wasnt a problem in 1890 because most of the research into child health was focused on your baby not coughpooping to death.

I like shooting .38 Special, but I I also prefer .45. .38 in sufficient quantities is probably all right.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Unfortunately the attire required to conceal an M4 is usually not acceptable outside the S&M subculture.....:ph34r:

...good thing that isn't a problem for you.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
The .38 Special was introduced in 1898 as an improvement over the .38 Long Colt which, as a military service cartridge, was found to have inadequate stopping power against the frenzied charges of Moro warriors during the Philippine-American War.

The .45 ACP cartridge was designed by John Browning of Colt, but the most influential person in selecting the cartridge was Army Ordnance member Gen. John T. Thompson. Thompson insisted on a real "man stopper" pistol, following the poor showing of the Army's .38 Long Colt pistols during the Philippine-American War (1899–1902).

Thus the .45 ACP round was adopted by the US Military in 1911 to be used in the M1911 pistol.

I am a 1911 man myself, however, I do carry a titanium framed .38 revolver as my lightweight concealed carry choice.
And then Col. Cooper developed my favorite round...

10mmrulemotivateuf6.jpg

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
Got a call about a woman with shoulder pain

She was visiting from Fiji and had a very Indian sounding name.

Hmm ... Clare-voyant thinks perhaps it could be MI.

Big anterior MI on ECG, very crook, status 1, going for urgent angio +/- PCI

I was impressed with myself, talk about diagnostic skills :D

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
Got a call about a woman with shoulder pain

She was visiting from Fiji and had a very Indian sounding name.

Hmm ... Clare-voyant thinks perhaps it could be MI.

Big anterior MI on ECG, very crook, status 1, going for urgent angio +/- PCI

I was impressed with myself, talk about diagnostic skills :D

Instincts ftw o.o

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
11 hours in, 12 calls, 16 patients, 11 transports. One forced-by-protocol STEMI activation, a cardiac arrest with ROSC, an auto v. ped and I'm over it. I don't want to play anymore.

Lots of beer in the cards tonight. If I ever get out from under this mountain of ePCRs.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
11 hours in, 12 calls, 16 patients, 11 transports. One forced-by-protocol STEMI activation, a cardiac arrest with ROSC, an auto v. ped and I'm over it. I don't want to play anymore.

Lots of beer in the cards tonight. If I ever get out from under this mountain of ePCRs.

And I thought I was doing good with a code stoke an RSI, and converting SVT with adenosine.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
And I thought I was doing good with a code stoke an RSI, and converting SVT with adenosine.

That's still a pretty busy day.

The STEMI activation wasn't a STEMI and I knew it but I didn't have any other choice. With that said, she was definitely sick, AF with RVR in the 170s-180s + a LBBB. Made for an interesting 12-lead and the monitor REALLY didn't like it.

Cardiac arrest went from asystole to sinus with a bp of 100/60 and maintained it all the way to the ER with one round of epi.

Ended the night with a "priority 1 stabbing to the head". Dispatch was way cooler than the call actually was but I did get to watch PD stack up and clear a house while we were there so I can't complain too much.

Still have yet to ever give someone adenosine. Always asymptomatic and convert with fluids or vagals.

Have to work in 7 hours but can't turn my brain off after today.

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
In the last 2 weeks I have had two patients with BGL in excess of like 20 mmol/l (400 mg/dl); one of which has HONK (or HHNK or whatever it is) and the other who had DKA

People, you got to learn to either eat better to not get diabetes in the first place, or control their diabetes better! :D

AzValley

Forum Lieutenant
In the last 2 weeks I have had two patients with BGL in excess of like 20 mmol/l (400 mg/dl); one of which has HONK (or HHNK or whatever it is) and the other who had DKA

People, you got to learn to either eat better to not get diabetes in the first place, or control their diabetes better! :D

I find these type of people are in extreme denial

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
The STEMI activation wasn't a STEMI and I knew it but I didn't have any other choice. With that said, she was definitely sick, AF with RVR in the 170s-180s + a LBBB. Made for an interesting 12-lead and the monitor REALLY didn't like it.

I'm confused. It wasn't a STEMI but you had to call a STEMI activation? What's that all about? Do you call a STEMI on all LBBB?

Last edited by a moderator:

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I'm confused. It wasn't a STEMI but you had to call a STEMI activation? What's that all about? Do you call a STEMI on all LBBB?

In a lot of places if the 12 lead print out says "ACUTE MI SUSPECTED" or "MEETS STEMI CRITERIA" the medics are required to activate, even if they can tell the print out is wrong. I suspect that is the issue here.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

Aidey is close. We used to have to activate if the monitor called it an MI but that just changed with our last protocol revision.

The monitor did call this lady's rhythm an MI too.

It was the LBBB that forced my hand. New/presumed new LBBB plus "ACS" symptoms equals a mandatory activation. She was a terrible historian, nothing in her massive H&P about a BBB and the PA ad RN at the facility said she didn't have one...I called it, gave the charge RN her name and she pulled an old ECG and they cancelled right as we arrived at the ER.

It was an ugly rhythm and she didn't look so hot either. Almost looked like VT. Fast, wide and really regular for AF.

It's not a fun thing to do but the cardiology teams here are really cool and very pro-EMS so they understand our hands are tied sometimes.

Got to talk to a doc about the Impella yesterday too. That thing is fascinating! Gonna make balloon pumps obsolete I think.

Last edited by a moderator: