the 100% directionless thread

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
looking at the stretcher, I say she's tiny

You're about to get :censored::censored::censored::censored: on after that comment.

Nah lol. Only have 4hrs left of an unplanned backwards 24. That means time for 2 calls.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
I can't tell if you're tiny or the Ambulance is huge

It's the little ones you've got to watch out for. They're always underestimated.

Now me at 6'4", sometimes i wish i was that small when in the back of a unit.

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
Finally got pulled back into town, still only done one call in 8 hours. There's a pub crawl tonight so I'm sure we will pick up in a little while.

Been working on getting back into a hook to finish my BS so got some research done for that, still deciding what Program I want to go with.

In ems or something else?

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
We don't even carry 300 Fent. Sounds like a good call.

300mcg Fent, 10mg Versed is the standard for most medics in our drug pouches.

Used to also have 10mg Morphine too, but now only the supervisors and APPs carry Morphine due to the shortage.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Sounds like us. Each medic has 10mg versed and 400mcg of fent. So, you can always grab your partner's narcs for more if you need it.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Similar here. We keep 750mcg Fent and 20mg of morphine, Valium, and versed on our box. Have only ran out of Fent once :p

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
I am 5'10" and can stand up inside the ambulance just fine.

Here each Paramedic carries 40 mg of morphine, 400 mcg of fentanyl and I believe 30 mg of midazolam.

Intensive Care Paramedic carries these plus 400 mg of ketamine.

I reckon it's easier to hit the patient with the entonox cylinder :)

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Well, we already know who is going to play Dorner in the movie..

Christopher Dorner
Christopher+Dorner.jpg

LL Cool J
ll-cool-j-ncis-1-300.jpg

If I was LL, I would be flying my butt out of LA as fast I could and be hiding out in NYC.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I've got 750 of fent, 25 of Versed, 25 of Ativan, and like 600 of ketamine.

What are you using the ketamine for? There's been talk here of us getting it for sedation and analgesia as a first line. Who knows though.

I've got 600 of fentanyl, 40 of morphine and 40 of versed.

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
I am 5'10" and can stand up inside the ambulance just fine.

Here each Paramedic carries 40 mg of morphine, 400 mcg of fentanyl and I believe 30 mg of midazolam.

Intensive Care Paramedic carries these plus 400 mg of ketamine.

I reckon it's easier to hit the patient with the entonox cylinder :)

I'm 5'11" if I stand up straight I hit my head on the cealing. You guys have some big ambulances.

rescue1

Forum Asst. Chief
Once as a new EMT, I managed to simultaneously hit my head (5'11") and the head of my 1 year old patient on the roof of the ambulance. Thank god it was the semi-flexible fluorescent lights the baby hit.

Oh yeah, and the mom was watching.

Whoops.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Went on my first ride along today. Went with a rural area, thinking I'd just get my feet wet, because it wouldn't be busy. Was there 5 hours, because I went after school.
2 hours with a schizo patient, then 2 hours on a 4 car accident- 1 DOA (ejected from car and then got hit by another car), 1 expected, and 2 immediate.
There was already 2 engines, so they worked the immediates and we got the expected...
I am now 100% sure that I will be completely happy if I continue with EMS. ;)
They said I'm welcome back anytime, because they haven't been on more than 2 calls a day in a few months and they had 6 total today.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member