the 100% directionless thread

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
hey everyone, long time since I have posted here. :cool:
been creeping around in my free time every now and then just never posted or signed in. :ph34r:

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Wow lookie who it is! Its homecoming week! Hotelco, crazycajun, and now foxfire all come back the same week.

Welcome back, its good to see you!

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
More people interested in the RN vs medic thread that shouldn't be in ALS than the ECG that I am dying to hear other peoples opinion on.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
More people interested in the RN vs medic thread that shouldn't be in ALS than the ECG that I am dying to hear other peoples opinion on.

That is because it is so obviously V Tach and the other thread is much more entertaining :ph34r: jk I'll take a look at it

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Thanks. :)

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
Well I made it home from the hospital.

My mouth, throat and tummy are very sore from being prodded and poked and I have absolutely no energy whatsoever, eating is OK and walking seems to be OK as long as I do it slowly.

Hopefully I will be back to reality on Wednesday.

Thanks for the well wishes, I think I am off to bed :)

Clare

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Warning, rant!

Why are drivers license office people so nasty? They always act like people are nobody, or that it is somehow your fault you need a license. I'm not the one that makes it expire! I'm not the one who even says I need one!

I've been in line for AN HOUR! There are 12 people in front of me and since I've been here, the ONE woman working here hasn't even moved a single person all the way through.

And I need this form to fill out to start the process. But the forms are all behind the counter. So guess what? I get to wait in line to ask for a form. Then I fill it out and and get back in line to turn it in. Really? I already asked for it so i could fill it out before i get in line, and got lectured about how I was cutting in line and being inconsiderate of everyone else in line and to (and I quote) "get to the back of the line and I will get to you when I get to you and not a minute before."

For real?!

End rant.....

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Hmmm free AEMT course with the focus being on tactical medicine. Seriously thinking about doing it.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Warning, rant!

Why are drivers license office people so nasty? They always act like people are nobody, or that it is somehow your fault you need a license. I'm not the one that makes it expire! I'm not the one who even says I need one!

I've been in line for AN HOUR! There are 12 people in front of me and since I've been here, the ONE woman working here hasn't even moved a single person all the way through.

And I need this form to fill out to start the process. But the forms are all behind the counter. So guess what? I get to wait in line to ask for a form. Then I fill it out and and get back in line to turn it in. Really? I already asked for it so i could fill it out before i get in line, and got lectured about how I was cutting in line and being inconsiderate of everyone else in line and to (and I quote) "get to the back of the line and I will get to you when I get to you and not a minute before."

For real?!

End rant.....

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you made the mistake of trying to do this in Tyler?

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Maybe I should have! Gilmer, in Upshur county.

I walked into the office in longview, and right back out cause it was so packed. I thought maybe Gilmer would be better.....

FOUR HOURS LATER I find out I need a stinking social security card! Not a birth certificate. Not a passport. The actual card. So guess what I get to go do tomorrow?

Last edited by a moderator:

medic417

The Truth Provider
Wow lookie who it is! Its homecoming week! Hotelco, crazycajun, and now foxfire all come back the same week.

Welcome back, its good to see you!

makes one wonder if they are one and the same?

medic417

The Truth Provider

Whats even worse is that more people are interested in the idiotic unprofessional prank thread.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
7apamupe.jpg

No work on be truck while I'm home for break and no skiing for a month.

Grade 1 MCL sustained on an epic day at Wolf Creek on Sunday. :(

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
No work on be truck while I'm home for break and no skiing for a month.

Grade 1 MCL sustained on an epic day at Wolf Creek on Sunday. :(

Guess that means you'll have more time to be on here then. ;)

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm pretty sure I'm going to go insane with how much time off I have. Two whole days off out of every three! What am I going to do with myself?

I suppose I can pick up OT, but there is only so much to be had.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Took my class final for EMT-B today. Went in totally feeling unprepared, ended up with a 84% on the test, 91% overall grade in class.
I'm finally done, I can have a life again! Haha.
Oh, and since we're one the topic of Christmas gifts, if anyone wants to buy me a new car since mine feels the compulsive need to have something break every other day, that'd be great :lol:

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Whats even worse is that more people are interested in the idiotic unprofessional prank thread.
I'm really glad that Christopher responded to the thread though. I think I am pretty good with 12-leads right now, but need to improve with rhythms. I am nailing these 12-leads in ECG for Emergency Physician Part 1 no problem. Particularly I find aflutter, vtach, and svt with aberrancy to be difficult rhythms for me. The aflutter I've been lucky on admittingly when I see a fast narrow complex tachycardia, I just consider: ST, SVT, or aflutter, and usually look at the inferior leads for flutter waves and V1 for peakish t-waves. Also my first thought will be aflutter if the HR is >130 (although it can be faster or slower, there were some in the book with aflutter at a HR around 80), and usually my gut feeling "this one looks hard... must be aflutter", lol. I also didn't know about different variations on VT like RVOT, which looked very bizarre to me. To me, VT usually looks like an upside down shark tooth to me usually, lol. The latest 12-lead on ems12lead, I didn't feel comfortable with Sasaki's rule... I didn't even know where to start with it. Only thing I felt I would have done right with that ECG is the rate, the axis, and the mentality of "vtach until proven otherwise". I like that Harvard ECG Wave Maven website Christopher showed. I am gonna continue practicing 12-leads daily, but would like to focus more on my weakness and practice some of those VT criteria like Sasaki's rule (even though I think Dr. Smith and TomB have already said there is no one rule that is good/you can rely on).

Last edited by a moderator:

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Took my class final for EMT-B today. Went in totally feeling unprepared, ended up with a 84% on the test, 91% overall grade in class.
I'm finally done, I can have a life again! Haha.
Oh, and since we're one the topic of Christmas gifts, if anyone wants to buy me a new car since mine feels the compulsive need to have something break every other day, that'd be great :lol:

Nice work :) congrats. Now for practicals :eek: