the 100% directionless thread

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I don't understand how some of you all work in slow rural systems. Spent 12 hours sitting in post yesterday and seems like it may be the same tonight and I'm pulling my hair out from boredom.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I don't understand how some of you all work in slow rural systems. Spent 12 hours sitting in post yesterday and seems like it may be the same tonight and I'm pulling my hair out from boredom.

I like it when I'm on BLS, I'm not a fan of doing IFTs. For ALS (911 cars) I like being busy. It makes the day go by quick and sitting in an ambulance for 12 hours sucks. On back to back to back 12 hours shifts I like the middle shift to be slow so I can get some sleep.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Germs

Met one of the Georgetown EMS folks today. Good looking rig and a sharp medic. Very interesting college run EMS program. Check it out here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgetown_Emergency_Response_Medical_Service

IMG_20120623_172300.jpg

SSwain

Forum Captain
Small pic, but here's my future ride...

Fire%20&%20EMS,%20Ambulance%20500.jpg

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
"the voices in my head are telling me to attack you take your scissors and stab you with them"

"you should tell the voices in your head to be quiet, because that won't end well for you if you listen to them."

Gotta love those lovely HI/SI patients.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Small pic, but here's my future ride...

Fire%20&%20EMS,%20Ambulance%20500.jpg

I love the look of the medium duty ambulances but I would never want to drive one around in my response area.

One question I have is how smooth are they coming to a stop with air brakes compared to friction brakes on type I-III ambulances? Never driven a truck with air brakes but from what I hear they aren't the smoothest under braking.

A couple of the rural services here use medium duty ambulances and when they get to the hospital the air-ride suspension lowers the box down to a level where you can unload the gurney. Pretty damn cool to see.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
I love the look of the medium duty ambulances but I would never want to drive one around in my response area.

One question I have is how smooth are they coming to a stop with air brakes compared to friction brakes on type I-III ambulances? Never driven a truck with air brakes but from what I hear they aren't the smoothest under braking.

A couple of the rural services here use medium duty ambulances and when they get to the hospital the air-ride suspension lowers the box down to a level where you can unload the gurney. Pretty damn cool to see.

Most of the medium duties have hydraulic brakes with an air parking brake. Air brakes on an ambulance would suck.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Most of the medium duties have hydraulic brakes with an air parking brake. Air brakes on an ambulance would suck.

Or air-assisted brakes. The Kodiak MD rig I drove in Pecos had the air assist, along with an exhaust brake. Thing sucked to drive.... but then again, I love working in Type IIs.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
I was out in the woods last night......I just found a tick in a very unpleasant place :censored:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I may or may not have found a by-pass to our ambulances secured WiFi....

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
I love camping uploadfromtaptalk1340553236725.jpg

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C

Sometimes it sucks...but it's also part of the reason that I'm so good at Call of Duty. :p

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Figured. WEP can be cracked in about 10 minutes without much effort.

Except I have no clue where to even start. The modem inside the unit has an Ethernet port. So I plugged a cable in and connected it to the port on my laptop. Made my laptop a hotspot with WEP password (so that I know the password) and now WiFi for the iPhones, iPads, and computers.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Met one of the Georgetown EMS folks today. Good looking rig and a sharp medic. Very interesting college run EMS program.
Would've thought they'd be BLS. Interesting!

Are most of the college services you've run in to BLS?