I swear, no hope for humanity.

Agreed.

Winner today is "I've been peeing a lot."
"define a lot?"
"like once an hour, I started a new all liquid diet...could that be it?"

#facepalm

JPINFV

Gadfly
Did you provide the option of a catheter that way they won't have to get up?

If I ever buy an ambulance company, my first rule would be for all males to wear a condom cath as to increase productivity.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Did you provide the option of a catheter that way they won't have to get up?

Not in my scope ;)

No we took that lovely lady to the ER. Maybe they gave her a cath, I never ended up back in that hospital today. My guess is they told her an all liquid diet will make you pee a lot and discharged her. Maybe some bloodwork, who knows.

SeanEddy

Forum Lieutenant
Not in my scope ;)

No we took that lovely lady to the ER. Maybe they gave her a cath, I never ended up back in that hospital today. My guess is they told her an all liquid diet will make you pee a lot and discharged her. Maybe some bloodwork, who knows.

I told myself that I would never have to do catheters......then I took a part-time job in an ER. *sigh*

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I told myself that I would never have to do catheters......then I took a part-time job in an ER. *sigh*

Luckily for me, if I do end up applying PRN as a tech after school for a bit of extra income and to switch it up from the field it still isn't in our scope. All RNs at the hospital I'll be applying at even though every tech is a medic ;)

Might be too much though. FT medic, PRN as a tech and PT as an ALS ski patroller...FT medic and ALS patrol are the first goals, in that order.

I'm working on saving for a down payment on a house for after I finish school and clear my FTO medic time.

/hopes and dreams

SeanEddy

Forum Lieutenant
Luckily for me, if I do end up applying PRN as a tech after school for a bit of extra income and to switch it up from the field it still isn't in our scope. All RNs at the hospital I'll be applying at even though every tech is a medic ;)

Might be too much though. FT medic, PRN as a tech and PT as an ALS ski patroller...FT medic and ALS patrol are the first goals, in that order.

I'm working on saving for a down payment on a house for after I finish school and clear my FTO medic time.

/hopes and dreams

Fortunately, I work in a children's hospital so I'm not having to cath people all that often. Mostly just babies.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
How do you like it? I'm looking forward to my PICU rotations for the simple fact that I'm not comfortable with pedis at all and want to get my comfort level up.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
I'm beginning to think my company gets some kind of bonus from the government for hiring the mentally ill.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
59 days till NREMT and ACLS expire...gah. I have all the NREMT CE thanks to card classes except for the damn 2 hours of "Use body mechanics when lifting and moving patient" and "Communicate with patient while providing care"

I swear, the way the NREMT words this stuff is idiotic.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
If I ever buy an ambulance company, my first rule would be for all males to wear a condom cath as to increase productivity.

I've actually toyed with the idea. Just because you can only walk into PetCo so many times in a shift before you start feeling unwelcome :rofl:

R99

Forum Lieutenant

Thats pretty awesome bro for somebody who is still in school to be thinking like that, good on you

House prices are crazy insane here

Can I burn evidence in your incinerator? Lol

Anjel

Forum Angel
I've actually toyed with the idea. Just because you can only walk into PetCo so many times in a shift before you start feeling unwelcome :rofl:

Working in ems has changed the way I pee. I only go 2x a day now lol we are always so busy we are usually running to the truck for our next call.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Woah. My tax return is over $3,000 this year.... Was not expecting that.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
One of the hospitals we do transports to changed how they want us to do run reports. We now have to say the patients last name, age, gender, C/C, and vitals. Stupid.

Oculuck

Forum Crew Member
One of the hospitals we do transports to changed how they want us to do run reports. We now have to say the patients last name, age, gender, C/C, and vitals. Stupid.

For a transport?

That's dumb..

medic417

The Truth Provider

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Ex, they're gonna charge you income tax on your return!

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Wow that was fast, I used turbo tax and both federal and state returns have been accepted... I should have my money within a week!