the 100% directionless thread

Veneficus

Forum Chief
As a EMT , you can quickly push physicians to the brink of madness.

Happens to me on this website all the time.

It is not funny.

Veneficus

Forum Chief

JPINFV

Gadfly
Happens to me on this website all the time.

It is not funny.

They must be upgraded.

cybermen_on_bbc.jpg

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Yesterday was the best day I have ever had a work so far. We had a legit 5150 hold. She was trying to fight us so we had to get a little physical to get her on the gurney and restrain her. During the transport her arms got out of the restraints and tried to run out of the ambulance so I had to "gentley place" her back in the restraints.

Then we got a transport with an absolutely sweetheart with a broken hip up to the beach. After we were done with the transport she asked for our supervisors number so she could call him and tell him how great we were. She was also a retired nurse. Then we stopped at the beach and hung out there before going back to the desert.

I want more days like that

tylerp1

Forum Crew Member
Just found out they pronounced the 36 yr old at the ED, family adv no meidcal hx, and no drug abuse... ED staff is thinking an MI, me too. But no hx? i doubt that

I'm waaaay late, but this is a directionless thread nonetheless.

A friend of mine is an ICU nurse and she had a similar event when she was doing her ER rotation in school. They came to the conclusion that it was Brugada Syndrome..what are your thoughts?

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
USAF and I are planning a trip to Michigan this weekend. Any crazy northerners want to meet up?

Anjel

Forum Angel

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
Transported my dad the other night. We don't have a great relationship, but he flat out lied about his medical history to me. I'm smart enough to know why your taking certain medications

Last edited by a moderator:

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Transported my dad the other night. We don't have a great relationship, but he flat out lied about his medical history to me. I'm smart enough to know why your taking certain medications

In regards to medical history you're far more likely to be lied to by family and friends than strangers. the strangers never have to see you again.

Last edited by a moderator:

ARose

Forum Lieutenant
I'm tested out.
Studied out.
And quite possibly burnt the eff out.
I have my DOT 3Feb-5Feb, a drill on the 1st, my NREMT-B practical on the 6th (please let me pass)
The Army is going to be at my place on the 23rd to move my house, and going to be staying on until 29Feb living in an empty house with a half blind and deaf dog who suffers from separation anxiety and won't admit to the fact that at 70 lbs she is not a lapdog....and then trying to drive from Mass to GA in less than a day...
Is it March yet?
/rantended/
Look! Ponies!

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Nothing worse than working all day... and then spending the entire night writing sociology papers and Incident Reports for an employee that was "openly insubordinate to his manager"... always knowing that you have to wake up the next morning and do it all over again... :sad:

Actually, I kinda like writing up employees... :blush:

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I've spent all evening browsing the "no sleep" section of Reddit...and now I'm trying to avoid going to bed. :unsure:

On a side note, just had the PANDA team come pickup a neonate on CPAP...it has reaffirmed my interest in pediatrics and critical care medicine. Now I just need to figure out where I want to go from here.