the 100% directionless thread

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Got to watch an interventional catheterization today during clinicals.

And saw a guy with a K of 7.5, his heart was very very grumpy.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Aww... did someone not take their daily calcium chloride supplement today?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
what did they do?

Stent in the upper LAD, it was 75% occluded. Pretty cool to watch it in real time.

HyperK guy got calcium chloride, bicarbonate, insulin, D50 dopamine and ended up intubated and sent to the ICU and eventually dialysis. Guy was a mess.

Last edited by a moderator:

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Baaad headache. Blurred vision. Ears ringing, teeth hurt. This little chicken don't feel so good.

I would say you need to get to an ER, like now. By means of someone else driving you or possibly 911...

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Seriously? Around here they call you drug seeker, shoot you full of dilauded and send you home .

Do you have a BP cuff or anything you can take it with? IIRC, all those are S/S of a hypertension crisis

IMO, if somethings effing with my vision, I'm going to consider it an emergency and get it checked out right away. Somethings not right.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Interview with Express today just because I can.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
usalfyre kills people with his words. I've had 4 dead people in the last 2 weeks thanks to him.

Infact, the one last night was rather gruesome. Evil usalfyre... evil.

adamjh3

usalfyre kills people with his words. I've had 4 dead people in the last 2 weeks thanks to him.

Infact, the one last night was rather gruesome. Evil usalfyre... evil.

I've got a frequent flyer who might appreciate some of usals words. Seriously.

adamjh3

Interview went rather well, actually. I might just jump ship... decision support decisions

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Classes from 1430 to 2035 tonight... then 4 days at work... then back to class... Should be finishing sociology homework right now... too tired to care about Interactionist Theory... -_-

Anjel

Forum Angel
OMG what a roller coaster today was.

Started off with my dad ending up in the ICU with a huge blood clot that made its way to his lung.

THEN!

1. I gave my two weeks notice to my work that I would be leaving. They respond by terminating me today and telling me to bring my uniforms in.

2. I called new place of employment to see if they need anything from previous company. He tells me he accidentally hired too many people and that he can place me part time, with no promise of full time.

3. Previous place calls me tells me they thought I had missed the last three days of work and that they are sorry and want me to work the next two weeks.

4. New place calls me and tells me he felt bad, and managed to get me a full time shift that will work with my school.

I am not checking messages or emails for the rest of the day lol I have had enough.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
My lord Anjel, I'm glad things worked out in the end :p and I'm really sorry to hear about your dad :(

Rettsani

Forum Captain
Finally back at home ..
I was at an airway management training and there the whole evening slipped around on my knees....Endotracheal intubation, GlideScope, LM, i-gel, LT, LT-D.....all things nice.....:unsure:;)

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
What was supposed to be a simple 3 hour CCT wait and return this morning turned into an 11 and a half hour odyssey through multiple departments at one of our local facilities.

Oculuck

Forum Crew Member
So where is everyone at right now? Anyone staging at checkin EMTLIFE from their phone? :)