the 100% directionless thread

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Picture if you will, a 350+ lb patient going home to her second floor apartment.

Me: is she able to ambulate?
Nurse: no.

Me: are you able to walk up stairs?
Pt: no.
-10 minutes later-
Me: how far are you able to walk?
Pt: just a few steps
Me: are you able to climb stairs?
Pt: no.

Repeat variations of it three times. While waiting near an hour for FD for assist.

Douche Fire Medic: can you try walking sweetheart? You're heavy and those stairs are steep.
Pt: I can try...

Pt ambulates up stairs with no issue.

Me: ...............

Fire: you didn't need us. Next time ask if they can walk

Me: .................

Fire: really... Ambulate before carry.

Me: ......... *slinks off to ambulance*

I hate when crap like this happens. Ugh.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Fire: really... Ambulate before carry.

Me: ......... *slinks off to ambulance*

You should have been a firefighter.
You should have learned to drive the big red truck.
Playing with water all day.
Patient care never on your radar.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
9erssssssssss.

And the day off? Say what!!?!?!?

cynikalkat

Forum Lieutenant
Well, just started a 36, and found out that apparently my grandmother had to be sedated this morning after having a stroke yesterday...looks like I have a 4 hour drive ahead of me after getting off at 1900 tomorrow.

Sorry to hear, good luck.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Sorry to hear, good luck.

Thanks, apparently they're calling it a staph infection now, who knows.

Ugh, had a patient today who was terrified of IV's and when I tell her not to worry because I'm really good at them, the douche volunteer fire medic butts in and says:

"But I'm better, I've been doing this for 30 years. Look how young he is, who are you going to trust more?"

Are you :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing serious?!

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief

Ugh, had a patient today who was terrified of IV's and when I tell her not to worry because I'm really good at them, the douche volunteer fire medic butts in and says:

"But I'm better, I've been doing this for 30 years. Look how young he is, who are you going to trust more?"

My response would have gotten me in trouble.

Sasha

Forum Chief

Our days always seem to mirror each other. You have bad partners I have bad partners. You want to kill the fire medic. I want to kill the fire medic.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
What a day. I'm glad that's over. Girlfriend home and resting, surgery done. Crisis averted.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Well... I guess the NE/Bronchos game is over. Tim Tebow was going to win the Superbowl just like Brady, until he took an arrow in the knee.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Our days always seem to mirror each other. You have bad partners I have bad partners. You want to kill the fire medic. I want to kill the fire medic.

I know right? I was about to tear him a new one...but I like my job more than I like to demean a volunteer fire medic.

Besides, I always assume that the firefighters I get on scene will be :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing morons...so I chalk it up to my daily "incompetence allowance".

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
I know right? I was about to tear him a new one...but I like my job more than I like to demean a volunteer fire medic.

Besides, I always assume that the firefighters I get on scene will be :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing morons...so I chalk it up to my daily "incompetence allowance".

Funny I once heard a firefighter say the same thing about medics <_<

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Stepping up front to defend the poor misunderstood fire medics.

Although I may be one of the eight people on the planet who went to fire school to get a medic job. Darn these combination departments!

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Stepping up front to defend the poor misunderstood fire medics.

Although I may be one of the eight people on the planet who went to fire school to get a medic job. Darn these combination departments!

Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against fire medics in general, as I know quite a few great fire medics. I just have a problem with the fire medics that are here...because all of them seem to be morons.

Epi-do

I see dead people
I'm taking my 15 year daughter to the movies today...Has anyone seen 'War Horse' and is it worth going to see? Otherwise what else would you suggest?

I'm sure you've already been to the theater by now, but I took my son to see this, and we both really liked it.

What did you end up seeing?

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
No ma'am. You do not have a right to know what's going on with your little boy... who's 25. He's a big boy now, he can make his own medical decisions.