the 100% directionless thread

Anjel

Forum Angel
You mean services still have manual stretchers?

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

We do and I perfer them. They are lighter.

Sasha

Forum Chief
The extra weight doesnt make much of a difference when you can raise and lower with one finger and go halfsies on putting it in.

The only time i really dislike them ia when we are taking someone home to a trailer who physically cant tolerate the stairchair.

I have never hated 3-4 stairs soooo much.

Last edited by a moderator:

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
Car died while on the way to pick up my uniform for the new job.

DUDE! NOT COOL!

You mean services still have manual stretchers?

Not only manual, but broken old fashioned fernos.. Like, the patient sits down and the gurney collapses.. Thank god I left that service..

Our service has them too! Kinda. We only have like 4 or 5 total. And they are always having problems due to the heat and sand out here.

Heat? really? Sand I could totally see.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Mmmm five guys fries.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
The extra weight doesnt make much of a difference when you can raise and lower with one finger and go halfsies on putting it in.

The only time i really dislike them ia when we are taking someone home to a trailer who physically cant tolerate the stairchair.

I have never hated 3-4 stairs soooo much.

You guys have stair chairs also?? The word around here is we are supposed to have all power gurneys in about 2 years. And then stair chairs in about 5 years after that.

Sasha

Forum Chief
You guys have stair chairs also?? The word around here is we are supposed to have all power gurneys in about 2 years. And then stair chairs in about 5 years after that.

We have stair chairs. Not good ones. And i cant promise that a patient will not fall through when they sit on one. But they are stairchairs.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member

We've got the ballin' stair chairs with the tracks on the back :D

I resisted the Stryker power stretchers like crazy when we first got them a few years ago*. Now I despise the manual ones.

*the power Fernos are still a p.o.s.

_TraumaQueen_

Forum Ride Along
Wow, took a few months but finally caught the end of this thread (and might I say it's been pretty entertaining) ^_^

Side note: second post, yay

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
One problem after another. First the brakes on my truck $750 to fix. Now my AC went out (no clue on how much that is gonna cost) and my tie rod ends still need to be replaced roughly $300.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"
"Aw!"
"'Cause your face is :censored: ed up"

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Wow, took a few months but finally caught the end of this thread (and might I say it's been pretty entertaining) ^_^

Side note: second post, yay

You read all of it?!

Aprz

The New Beach Medic

Sasha

Forum Chief
Anyone up for a little party in the chat?

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Party in the chat!

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Maybe later. I'm about to start a marathon reading session of Charlotte's Web.

The power is out and we are going to get these people through to bedtime.

Tornados all around us today.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief

Word from the management over at rancho is supposed to be all power gurney by end of Dec and stair chair next year at PS.

Who's stupid idea was it to get power gurneys before stair chairs anyway... Like really! I don't care, I prefer / like the manual's better.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief