the 100% directionless thread

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Anybody know when the best time of year to visit Big Sky MT is? I want to go for a week or two sometime next year, with day trips to Yellowstone. We want to hike a lot, and do whatever else they do out there.

Is summer super hot? What's the best time of year to hit great weather? How early is snow?

alias

Forum Ride Along
700 calls a day doesn't necessarily mean it's killer. How big is their system? Response area? How many units do they have running?

I meant it in a way to just say 7 calls in 7 hours might not be all that bad.

I don't know the answers to your questions Poetic, but in many cases the documentary says it would take several hours for EMS to arrive.

Also, some 50% of the country being under poverty level, I doubt they have the means to even contact EMS.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
And that does it, starting Medic school in January.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Today sucked. I never really realized how big our response area is until today. 60 miles east to west and 40 miles north to south.

But offroading in a 2 wheel drive ambulance is pretty fun :p

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Ah, nothing like sitting out in the sun in front of the station, so relaxing

Sent from my mobile command center

Smash

Forum Asst. Chief
*gasps*

They just cleared Paramedics to use our vent machines in our trucks! No more bagging a patient for 45 minutes after RSI when I have 100000000 other things to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What breed of ventilator?

silver

Forum Asst. Chief
Anybody know when the best time of year to visit Big Sky MT is? I want to go for a week or two sometime next year, with day trips to Yellowstone. We want to hike a lot, and do whatever else they do out there.

Is summer super hot? What's the best time of year to hit great weather? How early is snow?

I went the week before Memorial Day to Yellowstone. That week was the first week that many of the southern roads into Yellowstone were open for the summer. Some parts had over 5 feet of snow still, while many of the "tourist hub" areas had zero.

I would recommend September, when less people are on holiday. Otherwise, any time in June, July, and August would be good.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
I went the week before Memorial Day to Yellowstone. That week was the first week that many of the southern roads into Yellowstone were open for the summer. Some parts had over 5 feet of snow still, while many of the "tourist hub" areas had zero.

I would recommend September, when less people are on holiday. Otherwise, any time in June, July, and August would be good.

What would the weather be like in September? We can go anytime, since we homeschool. The trip would probably even be considered a big field trip for us. We've been looking forward to this for a long time.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
What would the weather be like in September? We can go anytime, since we homeschool. The trip would probably even be considered a big field trip for us. We've been looking forward to this for a long time.

Now is perfect! I was just down in southern Idaho and it was great. I reckon it'll still be good first part of September. I'd recommend going like the week after school starts again. That is when my family took a lot of trips. I was home schooled too. I can remember being in Yellowstone with my family after the summer rush ended and watching Old Faithful all by ourselves.

It is even neat in that area once snow starts to fly. Don't wait till February or nothing, but it is absolutely beautiful to drive around and look at snow covered trees and buffalo.

Sent from a small, handheld electronic device that somehow manages to consume vast amounts of my time. Also know as a smart phone.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Now is perfect! I was just down in southern Idaho and it was great. I reckon it'll still be good first part of September. I'd recommend going like the week after school starts again. That is when my family took a lot of trips. I was home schooled too. I can remember being in Yellowstone with my family after the summer rush ended and watching Old Faithful all by ourselves.

It is even neat in that area once snow starts to fly. Don't wait till February or nothing, but it is absolutely beautiful to drive around and look at snow covered trees and buffalo.

Sent from a small, handheld electronic device that somehow manages to consume vast amounts of my time. Also know as a smart phone.

So if we camped, would it be cold at night? Our van doesn't do well in the snow at all (Rear Wheel Drive E350 12 pass van), so we're going to have to pass on that.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients

Wow does that look awesome. This time of year, I would pay money to wear a sweatshirt and jeans. We get a preview of November if we do this.

And the running. Getting up early and running in the 38 degree cold in the mountains sounds so heavenly I might just want to go now. This is going to be a fun vacation!

Edit: And the baby will be potty trained by then! Hooray for a vacation without diapers! My first since 2002.

Frozennoodle

Sir Drinks-a-lot
Apple flavored beans, Scoops of doberge, she's got the bakery lookin' at her, next thing you know, she's on the flo, cbg's like whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa!

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
Just got notified that i've been picked as a basic for a local 911 service! First job on a rig..super excited.

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
Wow... 6 runs in 4 hours... can I eat sometime soon? :glare: