the 100% directionless thread

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Cough, wheezing, general weakness for me. Pills and pills, and syrup, and pills. I haven't felt like this in years. I'm moving around, but all of my muscles feel like they are asleep.

cough, cold sweats, upset stomach, cough, and sore throat here

Asimurk

Forum Captain
Time for Zofram(sp?) for Rob.

The sore throat and cold sweats are here, but those escaped me. Sore throat is mostly taken care of though by meds.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Time for Zofram(sp?) for Rob.

The sore throat and cold sweats are here, but those escaped me. Sore throat is mostly taken care of though by meds.

No Zofran for me. All I need is some robitussin, some rest, and a little bit of time.

8jimi8

CFRN
No Zofran for me. All I need is some robitussin, some rest, and a little bit of time.

Must be goin around.... you remember my texts from pre-valentine's night...

no sequelae to be noted after our discussion. Turns out calling in that night was a good idea!

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Must be goin around.... you remember my texts from pre-valentine's night...

no sequelae to be noted after our discussion. Turns out calling in that night was a good idea!

Lol. I called in for tonight, there is no way that I am fit to work with compromised patients tonight. I'd kill half of the ICU.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
im so sick.. pity me.

Lots of zinc, vitamin C, honey and lemon and rest my friend is just what Dr Brown recommends. Better than antibiotics at this stage anyway.

Brown is far too young to say that Brown is too old for med school.

Kinda true but Brown has to spend ....

1 year of pre-req
5 years of med school
2 years as a House Officer (intern)
2 years of basic anaesthesia training (junior Registrar)
3 years of senior anaesthesia training (senior Registrar)

.... and at the end of it Brown will become a Consultant (attending physician) but can get a bright orange DOCTOR jumpsuit after the completion of basic anaesthesia training.

Brown would rather spend a year or two getting his MSN (critical care) and PGDip ICP so become a dual qualified RN and Intensive Care Paramedic. That way Brown will be able to put free time into fathering Brownlets rather than studying or working 8 days a week and never being home.

Brown, I was figurnin' you to be in your 40's :blink: Well cheers, mate! Sounds like you've got a good plan goin' :beerchug:

Brown sure bloody hopes so ....

Brown is younger than I figured. Brown also is young to have his life figured out.

I'd love to sit down with Brown and buy Brown a beer.

That arranged can be next time Brown comes to the US in July or August.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Off duty... got brained in the head with a bottle. Stupid drunk.

KempoEMT

Forum Lieutenant

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
You know it's going to be a long day when the first call you're toned out for is a combative psych with an advisory that he's 300 pounds. I'm beat. Off to bed. Back at it in six hours.

JPINFV

Gadfly
To the a-hole who I walked up on breaking into my car. I hope you rot in hell. I hope you and Bubba get nice and closely acquanted when they catch you. I hope my digital camera (the only thing stolen. Yea, don't think I didn't notice the Rubios bag that had some of my stuff, including my white coat you ______ left in my back seat) shorts out and causes serious bodily harm. Normally I like to kid myself that I'm a peaceful person, but if you get hit by a car, I'll make sure to call 911 to report that I've found you. I'll conviently leave out that an ambulance is needed, which would hopefully save California a boat load of money on your future/current probation and incarceration.

On the other hand... having 911 on my recent call list is strangely satisfying.

Last edited by a moderator:

8jimi8

CFRN
Airfare secured! I'm goin to nashville for the CCTM conference. Critical Care procedural anatomy is on the menu.... what's a good side dish that complements formaldehyde?

nemedic

Forum Captain
not sure about dish, but jamesons and cranberry juice would be a good pairing. It tastes good as is. If you mix in just a little grenadine, it tastes just like fruit punch

nemedic

Forum Captain
On another note, why does trying to get the tax form from my school have to be more difficult than getting the 800 pound pt with chest pain out of a single wide without cutting a wall out or breaking our backs? THey email a notice that it is available to print online, and a link to click if you want a copy mailed to you. I click on the mail me one link, so i wait, and get a paper version of the 'you can print it out' email i just read. wtf?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
So it looks like the thought of moving ot Austin right now is becoming a possibility. Talking to a medic school there, and looking for work. We have a very persistent member here that has just about convinced me it can be done.

8jimi8

CFRN
"I like coconuts... they smell like ladies laying in the sun..."