the 100% directionless thread

Asimurk

Forum Captain
I'm going to go with the astronomer Phil Plait when he says that the coriolis affect is too weak to make a toilet flush a different direction in each hemisphere, and that this is due to the design of the toilets, instead.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
So, are you a shellback?

Me? Oh no. I'm not in the military yet. I have heard my dads stories though. He first crossed it at the international date line (I think that makes you a golden shellback?) on the USS Tarawa as a Marine in the 70s or 80s.

Then again sometime later on a destroyer or something after he transferred to the Navy. He said it got fun when not a single officer on board was a shellback except for him. :p Apparently he, a SEAL, ended up being the de-facto skipper for the day. Ha ha ha! He also said the guys dyed the CO red and the XO green. Except no one remembered to check how long the dye lasted. They were dyed those colors for about a week. Lol!!!

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Getting paid to just sit at station. I don't have a partner, there's no one that will come in and cover, and we're just BLS, so there's no chance I'm going to get toned out. Money for nothin' and my chicks for free.

8jimi8

CFRN
Free chicks? I'm there.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Woot. 2100 dollars coming back from tax return. Maybe I can buy a slightly better vehicle to commute my 150 mile round trips back and forth to class...

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Woot. 2100 dollars coming back from tax return. Maybe I can buy a slightly better vehicle to commute my 150 mile round trips back and forth to class...

How many times did I tell you not to claim me as a dependent? :ph34r:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
How many times did I tell you not to claim me as a dependent? :ph34r:

Lol, I claim no dependants, and this coming fall is the first year that FASFA will let me file as an independant student! :)

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief

Hell yeah.

Hey Jimi, party over at Nathan's!!

Adz

Forum Crew Member
House trained? You lucky dog.....

I feel like 40 degrees is too cold for the southern United States...

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
House trained? You lucky dog......

By house trained Brown means Brown can cook, clean, vacumn, launder, buy groceries, change diapers and pay bills. All of which are essential to Mrs Brown, the ony thing Brown cannot do which Mrs Brown must is breast feed.

Adz

Forum Crew Member
By house trained Brown means Brown can cook, clean, vacumn, launder, buy groceries, change diapers and pay bills. All of which are essential to Mrs Brown, the ony thing Brown cannot do which Mrs Brown must is breast feed.

Brown has me beat, diapers are not in my skill set.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Got my new phone and within 4 hours it died completely. Stupid thing won't charge or turn on. When I go to class Wednesday I have to go to a Sprint store to swap it out.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Last edited by a moderator: