the 100% directionless thread

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Wow! 16? Did y'all get ROSC either in the field or the ER?

My youngest was 24. He had the stomach bug and could not sleep. So he took two or three times the number of sleeping pills he should have, fell asleep on his back, vomited and aspirated. Never woke up. At least that is what the medical examiner said.

mct601

RN/NRP
RIGHT when we met with Life Flight, we got a pulse. They got a BP en route.

She was asystole on scene.

Last edited by a moderator:

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
RIGHT when we met with Life Flight, we got a pulse. They got a BP en route.

She was asystole on scene.

Sweet deal!!!

My last OD induced code was in full arrest and asystolic on scene. CPR was being done by the cops. Ended up pushing 6 or 7 of Narcan in the rig, just enough to have a barely noticeable respiratory drive. By the time we hit the ER we had she had ROSC (albeit extremely weak). I know Narcan only reverses respiratory depression, so I'm assuming the energy from compressions was enough. I dunno. It was cool anyhow. My first and only ROSC in the field. She was beginning to breathe spontaneously too. But we didn't give any more Narcan cause we didn't want her waking up with the tube in her. Lol.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I hate my job somedays. I spent all day playing WoW. That bugs me! I want to run some kind of call tonight. Oh well. MAybe Wednesday I'll polish my boots at work, make some food, take my boots off, tell my partner what a 'slow, quiet, and boring day' we're having, and lay down to take a nap.
That's gotta piss the EMS Gods enough to give me some kind of call right?

Fox800

Forum Captain
I had to look up Pecos on a map. Man, you guys are way out there.

Two calls since 1900. One BLS transport, one refusal. Just got pizza, now watching TV. Yawn.

AustinNative

Forum Crew Member
I hate my job somedays. I spent all day playing WoW. That bugs me! I want to run some kind of call tonight. Oh well. MAybe Wednesday I'll polish my boots at work, make some food, take my boots off, tell my partner what a 'slow, quiet, and boring day' we're having, and lay down to take a nap.
That's gotta piss the EMS Gods enough to give me some kind of call right?

I am almost to level 85. I spent 8 hours cutting and bagging Christmas trees, and I am about as physically tired as I can remember being.

Ug! Will January never come??

mct601

RN/NRP
Sweet deal!!!

My last OD induced code was in full arrest and asystolic on scene. CPR was being done by the cops. Ended up pushing 6 or 7 of Narcan in the rig, just enough to have a barely noticeable respiratory drive. By the time we hit the ER we had she had ROSC (albeit extremely weak). I know Narcan only reverses respiratory depression, so I'm assuming the energy from compressions was enough. I dunno. It was cool anyhow. My first and only ROSC in the field. She was beginning to breathe spontaneously too. But we didn't give any more Narcan cause we didn't want her waking up with the tube in her. Lol.

Thats pretty good.

Its bittersweet for me. We're most definitely not the most rural EMS, but my particular unit runs calls with the nearest competent facility being 35 minutes out, nearest trauma being 45. thats from the best location a call could be at, some locations extend transport times upwards of 30 minutes. I've honestly worked calls that took 30 minutes to get there (all highway), 30 to get to the interstate, and 45 to the facility. there's no other way around it besides airmed, which of course is never available when you need it. we got the call and she had been down approx 15 minutes, and it took 15-20 to get there. <15 on scene, and ~10 to get to the LZ. I don't know how long she had been down before CPR, but it was not a witnessed arrest.

EMS/LEO505

Forum Lieutenant
Working at Target....I am on the Emergency Response Team lol

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I had to look up Pecos on a map. Man, you guys are way out there.

Two calls since 1900. One BLS transport, one refusal. Just got pizza, now watching TV. Yawn.

Yeesh, must be a slow day in Texas in general. We only ran two calls here as well.

EMS/LEO505

Forum Lieutenant

medic417

The Truth Provider
Yeesh, must be a slow day in Texas in general. We only ran two calls here as well.

Shut up the bragging we are getting slammed here. :sad:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Shut up the bragging we are getting slammed here. :sad:

For me it wasn't bragging. I was bored out of my skull and wanted to run calls. You want an extra Intermediate for a few days since I'm off most of this week? :p

medic417

The Truth Provider
For me it wasn't bragging. I was bored out of my skull and wanted to run calls. You want an extra Intermediate for a few days since I'm off most of this week? :p

The 5 people that are on duty with me would probably kill right now to be the one to let you fill in for them. :ph34r:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
We were so bored last night that when another truck was dispatched for an unconscious person, we checked en-route as well. The other truck had a new-hire medic like me as well, so we had 4 Paramedics and 2 EMTs show up... Along with a volunteer truck with 2 EMTs, and a Sheriffs deputy.

Though to be fair, the other truck beat us there so when we walked in and saw the patient actually was not unconscious, we left. But man, were we ready as ever for a code...

(PS It's common here to send 2 units to a serious sounding call just because most of the area IS staffed by volunteer FDs at the EMT level only, so atleast there will be 2 medics working a tough call)