the 100% directionless thread

medic417

The Truth Provider
Supposedly if you work a 24 hour shift you get an additional tax break. I need to talk to my accountant about that.

tydek07

Forum Captain
Oh, I love tax season!! Waahoo :censored:

Sasha

Forum Chief
Oh, I love tax season!! Waahoo :censored:

Booooo. Tax season is bad for your health.

I'd like to go find whoever thought tax returns were a bright idea and kick them in the shin.

tydek07

Forum Captain
I got put on a new shift 2 days ago ;)

Now I am working 1100-1900, with every Sunday off, Along with every other Wednesday and every other Saturday off.

I think I will like it.... I think...

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
I've been cracking up over the local stores selling the deluxe tax software that includes the state tax forms... um.. our state doesn't have a state income tax.... you just paid $15 more for nothing!!!!!!

benkfd

Forum Crew Member
I've been cracking up over the local stores selling the deluxe tax software that includes the state tax forms... um.. our state doesn't have a state income tax.... you just paid $15 more for nothing!!!!!!

Just remember..... Those same people that paid that extra $15 bucks will be calling you later to ask for a ride to the hospital because they have the sniffles and don't have a car to go to the Dr.;):wacko: LOL

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

Yeah, but you know our governor wants it...after all, she's got to find some way to pay for her "election win" :p

Last edited by a moderator:

medic417

The Truth Provider
Supposedly if you work a 24 hour shift you get an additional tax break. I need to talk to my accountant about that.

Bad news does not apply and if your tax preparer is claiming it get ready for an audit. Only way can claim it is if your regular job sends you to aid another area then you can claim so much per 24. But being on a 24 at your job does not earn you this credit. Also you can not claim mileage from home to your job even if traveling 1000 miles.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Why is it snowing...? its march and it is snowing. Just a week earlier it was in the 60's. Crazy weather... (For where I live).

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Why is it snowing...? its march and it is snowing. Just a week earlier it was in the 60's. Crazy weather... (For where I live).

It was in the high 70's today :) I'm going out riding on the jet ski's next weekend hopefully... lol

reaper

Working Bum

Come to the south. We had 6" of heavy wet snow last weekend. It is 80 degrees this weekend. Gotta love Mother Nature!:p

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
Can someone explain exactly WHY we're turning off Daylight Savings Time in early march???
/me needs a nap already

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Can someone explain why we mess with the clock at all any more? I mean it used to be useful, but now.............

oldschoolmedic

Forum Lieutenant
But I like DST, except for the hour of sleep I lost.

Anybody want to come over and help paint my house in a few weeks?

NESDMEDIC

Forum Crew Member
UGH !!!! blizzard warning for late tonight and tommorrow. 12 inches of snow and up to 45 mph winds, ought too make for a nice next couple of days. I think spring might get here sooner or later, getting ready to hunker down.