the 100% directionless thread

WarDance

Forum Lieutenant
I'm always amazed at how medicine can make sugar taste so bad

When I eat energy gels I always imagine I'm eating glucose. For some reason it never sits well with me even though they do come in fun flavors like mocha.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Yaaaaaaaaaaay. I got the job!

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Well, way to go!

(I been trying to post an animated smiley I found online, but I can't figure it out. *sigh*)

fmrpddisp

Forum Probie
ER tech at a hospital. Woohoo. I really wanted it, too!

Congrats on the new job! In 51 days I am eligible to switch positions within the company I work for and that is the ideal job... that or a unit clerk.

imurphy

Forum Captain
My last 24. Posted from 6am. 3 LD IFT calls, back to back from around 12. Didn't get back to station till 0200. It sucked. Hard.

Ms.Medic

Forum Captain
I just made my 3rd flight call in a week,,, 12 y/o burn patient @180lbs, about 30% 2nd degree. Gave this kid 10 versed, 10 morphine, and 100 fentanyl. Thought for sure we'd just rsi'd the kiddo, but it didnt even come close to touching him or his damn pain. Kid was fully alert and was still in extreme pain. What in the world !!!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I've transported flight crews to hospitals from the airport with burn patients, and they have more narcs on board than almost any other patient I've ever seen, and it never seems like enough

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
ummm, Im confused. Will you clarify ? Transported flight crews to hospital ?

Fixed wing transfers. They land at the airport and we play taxi to get them to one of the core facilities. Or a rotor-wing touches down at the airport because the facility they are going to does not have a heli-pad.

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
Fixed wing transfers. They land at the airport and we play taxi to get them to one of the core facilities. Or a rotor-wing touches down at the airport because the facility they are going to does not have a heli-pad.

We had a flight crew attempt to dump an active MI pt. on us when we were playing taxi for them... <_<

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
We had a flight crew attempt to dump an active MI pt. on us when we were playing taxi for them... <_<

Most of the time we were the BLS transfer truck that went to pick up the flights, so that wasn't an option for them. I have seen one of our CCTs get care of patient handed over to him though.

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
Most of the time we were the BLS transfer truck that went to pick up the flights, so that wasn't an option for them. I have seen one of our CCTs get care of patient handed over to him though.

The rumor is that the BLS truck they were trying out here was just assimilated into another ALS rig, so they're all ALS again... no "Critical Care Units" though...

imurphy

Forum Captain
Watching Top Gear. They made floatable cars... Can ambulances float?

Try yours and get back to me!

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Watching Top Gear.

That show is hilarious. I know that half of the humor is completely missed by my American mind, but I still find it highly amusing.