the 100% directionless thread

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Yesterday was kind of a tease lol
Dispatched to an Auto Ex (extrication) and first in Engine reported a roll over, but occupant self extricated.
Then later, got dispatched as part of the 2nd Alarm to a working building fire, arrive, Command has all 2nd alarm companies stage, we could see some smoke, but the first in units got a knockdown so we got released.
BUT we DID get a medical enroute back to Station (and a 0130 lift assist for a 350+lb who needed help standing up out of bed so he could go pee

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Bullpen games really work my nerves, guess it beats pitching a starter on short rest.
Platooning isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. Combined no-no’s are now common and a CG is becoming a bit of a unicorn aside from pulling a guy’s perfect/ no-hit game.

I do hear, and hope, that the DH might be a permanent thing throughout the league soon. Also, the Braves do seem serious.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Platooning isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. Combined no-no’s are now common and a CG is becoming a bit of a unicorn aside from pulling a guy’s perfect/ no-hit game.

I do hear, and hope, that the DH might be a permanent thing throughout the league soon. Also, the Braves do seem serious.
Yeah, I had to do a double take when I saw score in the bottom of the first inning.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief

It brings back bad memories of last year when the Braves managed to make the NLCS with 3 starting pitchers and the bullpen blew a game.

Game one and Charlie Morton fractures a Fibula and just like that you're down to 3 starters again.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I hope so, I was 17 the last time I saw the braves in a world series, I'm 38 now.
Lol I was 8 the last time prior to 2020 I saw Dem Bums win one (I am now 41), so I don’t feel too bad, but hey, good luck.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Dual response cardiac arrest. Two engines, two medics, two BCs, two sets of protocols.

You can imagine what happened next.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Dual response cardiac arrest. Two engines, two medics, two BCs, two sets of protocols.

You can imagine what happened next.
What, two different agencies for one patient? Or were there actually two cardiac arrests at the same place same time?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
…two outcomes?
The AHJ transported a lady kept alive only by epi and I went back to bed. Also they used our monitor for the actual code, and we documented everything on our ESO. They transported with none of this info. Also I tubed the patient at their request and then went to set a disposable vent up in their ambulance given the 25 minute transport and they kicked me out because “you’re confusing us with your protocols.”
What, two different agencies for one patient? Or were there actually two cardiac arrests at the same place same time?
We have closet unit dispatching across county lines and dispatch centers. We were auto aid on this as the only units, but since it was a “good” call they came too. Sigh.

Last edited:

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
The AHJ transported a lady kept alive only by epi and I went back to bed. Also they used our monitor for the actual code, and we documented everything on our ESO. They transported with none of this info. Also I tubed the patient at their request and then went to set a disposable vent up in the it ambulance given the 25 minute transport and they kicked me out because “you’re confusing us with your protocols.”

We have closet unit dispatching across county lines and dispatch centers. We were auto aid on this as the only units, but since it was a “good” call they came too. Sigh.
At least you got to go back to bed.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
The AHJ transported a lady kept alive only by epi and I went back to bed. Also they used our monitor for the actual code, and we documented everything on our ESO. They transported with none of this info. Also I tubed the patient at their request and then went to set a disposable vent up in their ambulance given the 25 minute transport and they kicked me out because “you’re confusing us with your protocols.”
Soooo…I was right?…

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Got my buddy on my Engine also doing the background gig, we're both signed up for a SWAT scene tomorrow and another fire dept scene on Thursday.

Bad news, for tomorrow they want us there at 0615, we don't get off work till 0800.... (and we work Wednesday so hopefully the same thing doesn't happen Thursday morning....)

:/