the 100% directionless thread

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
We’re selling our second house in Delaware and we found that the second mortgage my wife had on the house was never satisfied by the lender. And of course, the lender died. Closing is supposed to happen on Friday. We’re scrambling now to try and find a power of attorney or somebody to satisfy the loan. What a huge pain in the…

however, the closing attorneys seem to think that it’s not a big deal. But, we’ll see if everything finally happens. It’s been a long arduous battle to close out that chapter in Delaware. Does make me kind of sad that there’s no way I can go back to Delaware to work now, but I guess it was time to finally close that door for good.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
So I wasn't able to go to work at all this week. First day I overslept, yesterday I made it about half way before I had to pull over because my stomach was killing me and I had trouble staying awake. Today I woke up, felt like crap, and took my temp. 99.3. I'm feeling a bit better now, but emotionally/mentally I'm a wreck all over missing an entire week of work. Is this normal? The being a wreck emotionally/mentally?

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
So I wasn't able to go to work at all this week. First day I overslept, yesterday I made it about half way before I had to pull over because my stomach was killing me and I had trouble staying awake. Today I woke up, felt like crap, and took my temp. 99.3. I'm feeling a bit better now, but emotionally/mentally I'm a wreck all over missing an entire week of work. Is this normal? The being a wreck emotionally/mentally?
Didn't you just start the job?

Do you have chronic illness either mental or physical?

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
I started my new shift there a few weeks ago. I have some mental and physical illnesses but they're controlled with medications. Every time I think about going to work, part of me just shuts down and just thinking about it dunno, just doesn't want to go. I'm forcing myself to stay at this job for at least a year. It's just fustrating that I have to fight myself with this.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
I started my new shift there a few weeks ago. I have some mental and physical illnesses but they're controlled with medications. Every time I think about going to work, part of me just shuts down and just thinking about it dunno, just doesn't want to go. I'm forcing myself to stay at this job for at least a year. It's just fustrating that I have to fight myself with this.

There's 2 schools of thought basically, imo

Grit your teeth if it's a decent job and just work through it. Lean on resources as needed. EAP, counseling, coping methods. I try and give it my all even if I feel badly about it.

Or back off if you're able to financially and take care of your health first. I mean, you first, your partner second, your pt third. If you can't take care of yourself and function, what good are you to them both? They deserve a functioning provider. Doesn't matter if it's 911, ER, IFT, anything.

Don't you still live with your parents?

Also, unless it have some sort of ADA to allow you to be late or call in all the time. I don't know if NJ is an At Will state. I wound be careful not to get your name out there too much if it's not good.

If it's controlled, then you think these mental health concerns are something new or do you know it's what you have? Bring it up with your Dr if you think you need to,physical or mental issues both.

I can't advise you about your temperature. With most of these cheap ones, I doubt the accuracy tbh. Especially IR scanners. That's between you and your Dr

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
I used to be fine with the job, but I don't know, recently, the commute has just started to grind me down. I think I'm just in a funk and will be fine by next week. I have the ER tech interview on Tuesday and my first COVID shot the day after so those are already making me feel better.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
I used to be fine with the job, but I don't know, recently, the commute has just started to grind me down. I think I'm just in a funk and will be fine by next week. I have the ER tech interview on Tuesday and my first COVID shot the day after so those are already making me feel better.

I wouldn't job hop all the time. If that's what you're thinking. EMS can be a tight community. Unless you're really being mistreated or there's illegal unethical stuff going on.

But good to hear you've got good stuff going on

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
I plan on doing the tech job as a second job along with the IFT job I have now.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Painting the house is done. Thank God.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Just need to touch up some paint and I'll call my remodel officially done......for now.

Next I'm going to strip and paint my boat.