the 100% directionless thread

VentMonkey

Family Guy
0AE81287-0B18-494F-9173-50062546D376.gif

100% how I feel today.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
If I ever have to intubate someone again wearing a half face respirator and a PFD I think I'm gonna quit.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
If I ever have to intubate someone again wearing a half face respirator and a PFD I think I'm gonna quit.
PFD? Personal Floatation Device? That’s a little strange...

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
PFD? Personal Floatation Device? That’s a little strange...
Gotta wear a PFD if you're on the shore and throwin' ropes. He ended up being out of reach of the throw bag so I went to set the ambulance up and never got a chance to get out of it.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
And here I was thinking PFD had some other meaning. I'm tryna picture someone with a bright orange USCG certified personal flotation device, and half face respirator doing CPR in an ambulance, but I just get a mental image that looks more like one of those satirical cartoons lol

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
And said throw bag should only be used by personnel TRAINED in its use, that's for the noobs out there...

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
And said throw bag should only be used by personnel TRAINED in its use, that's for the noobs out there...

The trick is not to hit the rescuee in the head.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
*hurriedly scribbling notes* "Not hit them on head..." lol

(We have similar rope bags, but generally only used for hauling up equipment 2 or 3 stories at a fire scene (which I've never actually seen done yet, but we still practice tying up axes and pike poles lol), my engine just has those yellow tubes for water stuff, tho a neighboring station has a jetski...)

Last edited:

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
And here I was thinking PFD had some other meaning. I'm tryna picture someone with a bright orange USCG certified personal flotation device, and half face respirator doing CPR in an ambulance, but I just get a mental image that looks more like one of those satirical cartoons lol
Well you aren't wrong really.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

The trick is to take the D Ring off the bag... someone may have been clocked in the helmet during my swift water rescue class.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Back in the day when jetski training was left to the individual companies, yeah they were known to spend all day "training". But now there are soooooo many formal training certs that have to be gained/maintained it's more a PITA, and we might completely dump the entire ski program to the Ocean Safety Lifeguards (who already have their own jet ski program...)

Now, the Rescue guys, they have 22ft SAR boats (complete with SCUBA gear). They will disappear all day for training lol

(They turned our basement into essentially an isolated substation for one of our two Rescue squads, cuz our parking lot is at the basement level. So to prevent COVID and keep isolation they built dorms and a kitchen downstairs, kicked our gym up to our Apparatus floor, brought in their own workout stuff... basically made two completely separate stations, one on top of the other lol, so now we have to park on the Apparatus driveway, it's a bit crazy lol)