the 100% directionless thread

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Because - surprisingly - females tend to have a gentler skin than us brutish apes. Not everything is a gender issue, unless you’re in a habit of making it into one.

We are definitely weak and delicate

Seirende

Seriously though, your skin adapts to how you use it. A woman who performs regular manual labor is going to have tougher skin on her hands than a man who does office work. Skin is pretty gender neutral.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Clothes alone are like 2.5 pounds on average, which is third of the 7.5 pounds in question.

And that's really an estimate. If I'd drank more water before I got on the scale or if the scales aren't quieter accurate, that's another thing. Plus I wear thermals regularly for another layer. My phone is a note 10+ with an otterbox.

I'm not trying to Ricky Rescue, I regularly use my stuff and only have the steth on my belt because I'll lose it without the holster.

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
Seriously though, your skin adapts to how you use it. A woman who performs regular manual labor is going to have tougher skin on her hands than a man who does office work. Skin is pretty gender neutral.

Your false equivalency aside, male skin is about 25% thicker. That’s physiology, not BS genderism.

Seirende

Your false equivalency aside, male skin is about 25% thicker. That’s physiology, not BS genderism.

According to you both male and female skin is capable of standing up to the rigorous demands of EMS so why even bring it up?

Seirende

Damn son, the only problem I have with my skin is that it gets dry from washing my hands so often

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
According to you both male and female skin is capable of standing up to the rigorous demands of EMS so why even bring it up?

To call you out on your BS, naturally [emoji8]

Seirende

You'll have to be more explicit in calling then, because I'm not seeing it

Seirende

I have a great **** joke but I'm not going to make it

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Okay new topic. I don't want to go into detail but how long does crystal meth affect someone? (Disclaimer it was a weird bystander thing and not me. I don't use drugs)

Seirende

Today I had coffee with a friend in a park sitting six feet apart

Peak

ED/Prehospital Registered Nurse
Okay new topic. I don't want to go into detail but how long does crystal meth affect someone? (Disclaimer it was a weird bystander thing and not me. I don't use drugs)

Acute changes last hours to days. Neurocognitively it can affect you for a lifetime.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Acute changes last hours to days. Neurocognitively it can affect you for a lifetime.

Dude: "I tried crystal meth for the first time about 5 days ago" but he honestly was still semi tweaker-ish and I don't think it was all gone...

Peak

ED/Prehospital Registered Nurse
Dude: "I tried crystal meth for the first time about 5 days ago" but he honestly was still semi tweaker-ish and I don't think it was all gone...

Typically the tweaking part lasts several hours to a day or so. If they experience paranoia or psychosis it typically lasts at most 2-3 days, although our psych team would say it should resolve in 12 hours. A good number certainly do clear with a good zyprexa or haldol nap. Dosing does change the pathophys a bit, but I highly doubt someone was tweaking from using 5 days ago, I suspect they probably used more recently.