the 100% directionless thread

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
You’re a transfer EMT. Get good rawhide gloves and maybe a second pair with a credible biological barrier in case AMR decides not to buy enough for both of you lol.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
You’re a transfer EMT. Get good rawhide gloves and maybe a second pair with a credible biological barrier in case AMR decides not to buy enough for both of you lol.

Credible biological barrier...?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

Places like Galls carry gloves that have a bloodborne pathogen barrier in them for use by LEO's when searching a suspect. I had some for a while and they weren't bad since they were cut resistant but the dexterity left something to be desired.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Some synthetic gloves, usually the tactical ones, include a washable thick nitrile barrier. They’re oriented towards police.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

CALEMT

Require, I mean not much. But I do want gloves. We still use stair chairs and backboards and stuff.

I meant the close to 9 pounds of gear you carry on your person.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
With that mindset, you’ll end up cross contaminating everything and everyone around you. Just ask your partner for assistance with lifting, if it’s too difficult for you. On a side note - not a single female partner I ever worked with, had these issues.

I also would like to know how this is a woman thing.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
I meant the close to 9 pounds of gear you carry on your person.

Clothes, jacket, wallet (large and full of stuff), keys, belt, boots, watch, pocket items (lighter, hairtie, e.t.c), gloves, nametags, shears, stethoscope, penlight.

Seirende

Getting torn up and raw hands, of course. To the extent that someone would consider gloves. What exactly is so confusing about it...

Have male partners that you've worked with had these issues?

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Getting torn up and raw hands, of course. To the extent that someone would consider gloves. What exactly is so confusing about it...

So what? Protect my hands

You gonna look down on proper lifting because I don't want back pain, too?

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
Have male partners that you've worked with had these issues?

Why would they ?

I find it curious how defensive you both became, all of the sudden. Care to share with the rest of us ?

So what? Protect my hands

You gonna look down on proper lifting because I don't want back pain, too?

The only thing I’m looking down on, is your Ricky Rescuesque attitude. Shears, penlight, steth, the rest, really ? Keep your wallet in the backpack and your keys (especially your keys) at the station, keep the shears strapped onto the O2 bottle and the steth wrapped up in the cuff, on the gurney. The heck you need a penlight on a transfer run anyway...

Last edited:

Seirende

Why would they ?

I find it curious how defensive you both became, all of the sudden. Care to share with the rest of us ?

I'm being assertive because you made it a gender thing unnecessarily. If none of your partners have had this issue, why do you feel the need to mention your female partners in particular?

CALEMT

Clothes, jacket, wallet (large and full of stuff), keys, belt, boots, watch, pocket items (lighter, hairtie, e.t.c), gloves, nametags, shears, stethoscope, penlight.

Wouldn't have guess thats nearly 9 pounds. I was praying that you weren't one of those "batman belt" EMT's, you have restored my faith.

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
I'm being assertive because you made it a gender thing unnecessarily. If none of your partners have had this issue, why do you feel the need to mention your female partners in particular?

Because - surprisingly - females tend to have a gentler skin than us brutish apes. Not everything is a gender issue, unless you’re in a habit of making it into one.

Seirende

Wouldn't have guess thats nearly 9 pounds. I was praying that you weren't one of those "batman belt" EMT's, you have restored my faith.

Clothes alone are like 2.5 pounds on average, which is third of the 7.5 pounds in question.