the 100% directionless thread

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
The salt mine picked its annual four people to advance to Salt Miner 3 from us masses of peons. Wasn’t on list. Don’t really care too much anymore about salt mine position. But stuck in Houston for the time being because of wife getting a promotion and relatively high pay.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Well I didn't get the aero medical job. Was told it got filled internally after having to call them to follow up. Oh well. Always next time.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Today's term is "succession planning." I should have written a "I got hit a buy a bus book" a long time ago but never got around to it. Now everyone wants detailed instructions on all of my admin jobs, some which people didn't even know I was doing?

I started mine the first month I was here and update it often.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Well I didn't get the aero medical job. Was told it got filled internally after having to call them to follow up. Oh well. Always next time.
Don't give up hope. I tested and interviewed in May and got a rejection letter a week later. In September they called and offered me the position.

RocketMedic

I’m strongly considering a neighboring salt mine with powerloads and equivalent pay, but all 24s.

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
SB 1152 claims yet another victim.

A frequent flyer homeless dude enters the ER, comes to the registration window and states an obligatory BS chief. The ER is too busy with real patients, so the registration clerk tells him to go sit in the waiting room; an hour later the dude decides that he’s waited long enough for his sandwich & orange juice, and decides to expedite things by throwing a temper tantrum plus screaming that he has a weapon which he intends to use. Cue in Code Silver.

Unbeknownst to the criminal mastermind, there are 2 SWAT cops right outside the door; they just brought in their buddy who broke an ankle during a drill, and are waiting for him to get splinted. The moment the code goes over PA, they bust in and bumrush the evil genius. 5 min later he finally gets a bed, with complimentary handcuffs. An hour later he’s off to get booked up.

Happy holidays !

RocketMedic

Passing back thru my old stomping grounds of far west Texas. This place is empty as heck.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I think this was a good lesson for me and the organization to learn. No one here does that, it's time.

It's a living Google doc. I haven't shared it with anyone there. If I ever decide to leave and it's on good terms, I'll share it with my boss. If I'm ever asked to leave, it'll leave with me.

Lo2w

Forum Captain
SNF RT walks into room: O I wasn't expecting you to be here so soon.

Umm you guys called 911...

Lo2w

Forum Captain
Christmas at the station

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1545759343226.jpg
    FB_IMG_1545759343226.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 136

RocketMedic

Shoulda stopped off in Ft. Stockton we had good eats for the first half of this 48. Be safe.

Definitely! I’m in CJ now but going back on Thursday. We went Ozona all the way to Van Horn, but won’t be that close to E again lol (Jeep Compass drinks fuel like an Abrams)

CALEMT

Merry Christmas everyone.

Old Tracker

Forum Asst. Chief
Dang, dude, I'm outta here at 0800 tomorrow, but I'll be back Saturday night for the net 48. Drive safely out here the oilfield traffic is insane.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Hope everyone working is getting through ok!

I’m pretty happy to be in Maine this year. I bet the district is too, never once had a quiet Christmas shift.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So far all we've had is a residential smoke alarm activation (which was a bit odd cuz the homeowners were out of town and it was the bedroom alarm going off...but no smoke no fire or anything else, reset the alarm (well we took the batteries out of that one when it didnt...)

CALEMT

So far all we've had is a residential smoke alarm activation (which was a bit odd cuz the homeowners were out of town and it was the bedroom alarm going off...but no smoke no fire or anything else, reset the alarm (well we took the batteries out of that one when it didnt...)

I had a early Christmas present last night. Kitchen fire.