the 100% directionless thread

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
Last 16 hour shift. Off tomorrow, then back on thursday for some more.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Brown thinks referring to Brown in the fourth person as if Brown is not being spoken of by Brown i.e. as if Brown were a seperate entity and not Brown insomuch as Brown is the same person referred to both of and by Brown is somewhat odd.

=hen again, Brown should not be listening to Brown but did you know that in a recent placebo controlled, randomised and double blinded study eight out of ten people agreed with Brown?

Last edited by a moderator:

CAO

Forum Lieutenant
=hen again, Brown should not be listening to Brown but did you know that in a recent placebo controlled, randomised and double blinded study eight out of ten people agreed with Brown?

I can see that.

Just found out that I need to get vaccinated for varicella. Before we were able to self-report having the chickenpox, but now we have to have a physician's documentation. I don't think I know anybody who went to the doctor back then because of chickenpox. We just enjoyed our oatmeal baths.

Appointment at 2:00 on Friday downtown. Here's hoping my insurance covers it.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I just got this in an email:
Hey Nathan we r currenty hirring if u r still interested call me at 210-
**-***9 to set up an appt. Thanks, Wade.

in reply to an email I sent last month asking if they were hiring EMT-Is... It made me giggle. And figure I'll just avoid this company.

medic417

The Truth Provider
I just got this in an email:

in reply to an email I sent last month asking if they were hiring EMT-Is... It made me giggle. And figure I'll just avoid this company.

Maybe sent from his phone? Beggars can't be choosers, but buyer beware. Have you checked the reputation of this company?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Maybe sent from his phone? Beggars can't be choosers, but buyer beware. Have you checked the reputation of this company?

Haven't been able to find out anything about the company. Website is pretty much a cookie cutter site with stock photos. It's a San Antonio area company, and that's pretty much all I know about them...
And I've gotten some pretty hopeful news about an El Paso area company too, so I'll keep this in mind just in case... but they fell down a few notches

medic417

The Truth Provider
Haven't been able to find out anything about the company. Website is pretty much a cookie cutter site with stock photos. It's a San Antonio area company, and that's pretty much all I know about them...
And I've gotten some pretty hopeful news about an El Paso area company too, so I'll keep this in mind just in case... but they fell down a few notches

Definitly does not seem very professional with that reply.

El Paso is an inexpensive area to live and not a far drive up to the Albuquerque and Santa Fe area.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Definitly does not seem very professional with that reply.

El Paso is an inexpensive area to live and not a far drive up to the Albuquerque and Santa Fe area.

That's my thinking. They also operate in Deming NM too, so being dual stated might be a good thing too. They called yesterday twice getting more information form me (DL and SSN for driving check and bg check, plus wanted me to send them the copies of my certs I have scanned in), so I'm taking that as a good thing. She said she'd get back to me sometime today with more information

medic417

The Truth Provider
That's my thinking. They also operate in Deming NM too, so being dual stated might be a good thing too. They called yesterday twice getting more information form me (DL and SSN for driving check and bg check, plus wanted me to send them the copies of my certs I have scanned in), so I'm taking that as a good thing. She said she'd get back to me sometime today with more information

Sounds promising. Don't panic if they fail to call as that area is known to procrastinate a bit. ;)

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Yep I know :) I lived in Deming for 6 years, so i'm familiar with the regions attitude :) And now I've got to email back Pecos EMS. Finally got a reply from their chief, and he's looking for ALS personnel :) I guess Intermediates are counted as ALS in TX

medic417

The Truth Provider
Yep I know :) I lived in Deming for 6 years, so i'm familiar with the regions attitude :) And now I've got to email back Pecos EMS. Finally got a reply from their chief, and he's looking for ALS personnel :) I guess Intermediates are counted as ALS in TX

Many services in that area allow even first line cardiac if current ACLS for EMT-Is. Some allow pain management. Not sure of the protocols at Pecos.
They are not a busy service but being rural you will work when you get a call. Plus they also handle the transfers from the local level 4 to one of the level 1 or 2 in the area an hour or more away depending which one.

EMS/LEO505

Forum Lieutenant
Passed my first exam yesterday!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Many services in that area allow even first line cardiac if current ACLS for EMT-Is. Some allow pain management. Not sure of the protocols at Pecos.
They are not a busy service but being rural you will work when you get a call. Plus they also handle the transfers from the local level 4 to one of the level 1 or 2 in the area an hour or more away depending which one.

Sounds like NM EMT-I. I can give Epi in code situations, but not Atropine. And I can give Fent, Dilaudid, and MS with online control.
Luckily I have ACLS, and the idea of working a rural service is VERY appealing to me :)

Passed my first exam yesterday!

Congrats!

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
:( I ate an apple and now I have a tooth ache.. So much for keeping the doctor away.... <_<

medic417

The Truth Provider
:( I ate an apple and now I have a tooth ache.. So much for keeping the doctor away.... <_<

It doesn't say keeps the dentist away.:p

Soak a cotton ball in rum then place it over the tooth and the area of the gums that hurts. Pain will vanish. If that fails drink the bottle of rum and you will not care that you are in pain.

EMS/LEO505

Forum Lieutenant
Haha, "you're not a doctor Stu, you're a dentist!"

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
It doesn't say keeps the dentist away.:p

Soak a cotton ball in rum then place it over the tooth and the area of the gums that hurts. Pain will vanish. If that fails drink the bottle of rum and you will not care that you are in pain.

Sure my director will love that. ^_^ Shift is halfway over!

KempoEMT

Forum Lieutenant
why is there so little about Tactical Medic programs? I'm trying to figure out school and how to make it happen. It is rather difficult to figure it out how I will make this happen, when there isn't that much information.