the 100% directionless thread

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Plus, Texas has no state income tax.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Filing that service away under the heading "Only if there were no sheep". I think I'll pass

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Guardian Abilene. Either he told me wrong or something is weird there.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I think something got lost in translation.

When they offered me a job in Dallas doing IFT, it was in the $14.50 range for Paramedic which is average for this area, and Abilene isn't much cheaper than the DFW area when it comes to cost of living.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
That's what I was thinking, but since he has no FT positions right now, I'm not worried. I'm hoping to hear back from Guardian Brown County or one of the TX AMRs I put in for.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Neither does WA state.

Plus, the skiing in WA. :-D

Wait... you're an EMT-I... and in WA... can you please help me understand the damned ILS levels in WA?! I'm confused

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
So I was at Expo yesterday and the local 911, MedStar, had a booth. I was denied back in April-ish because of the strongly agree/ disagree personality test they have during the process.

I was speaking with the lady there, who is actually the head of hiring, and when she found out I lived in Texas and was a Paramedic AND that I had done my EMT rideouts with them, she told me to apply, and I told her I already had but was discounted on account of the test.

She said they were actually reviewing that portion of the process and either changing it or getting rid of it completely due to it knocking out a lot of good applicants.

She told me to come back in a little bit so I could also meet the other person who does hiring, I came back an hour later, she introduced me and even remembered my name (or read my nametag...)

They told me that I should reapply, and keep trying. We shall see. :)

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
So I was at Expo yesterday and the local 911, MedStar, had a booth. I was denied back in April-ish because of the strongly agree/ disagree personality test they have during the process.

I was speaking with the lady there, who is actually the head of hiring, and when she found out I lived in Texas and was a Paramedic AND that I had done my EMT rideouts with them, she told me to apply, and I told her I already had but was discounted on account of the test.

She said they were actually reviewing that portion of the process and either changing it or getting rid of it completely due to it knocking out a lot of good applicants.

She told me to come back in a little bit so I could also meet the other person who does hiring, I came back an hour later, she introduced me and even remembered my name (or read my nametag...)

God I hope they get rid of that test. It knocked me out too. I wonder how long they want you to wait before reapplying (thinking of reapplying myself soon).
Hope they can bring you on soon!

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I asked her how long they usually like to see people wait before reapply and she said they usually don't care, but 3 months is generally good, especially for medics, since they always want medics :)

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
It's been about three months for me, but I'll just wait till they post a new EMT-I/B position, sicne medic is the only field position they have posted... Or I'll apply as a dispatcher

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I told them I also applied as dispatch to get my foot in the door and they said try that again as well.

But it's been nearly 6 months for me, so it's time I reapplied too.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I told them I also applied as dispatch to get my foot in the door and they said try that again as well.

But it's been nearly 6 months for me, so it's time I reapplied too.

Are they gonna consider people even if they fail the test thing even with it still part of the application process?

Stephanie.

Forum Captain

So... You spoke with Paula? :)

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Yup, Paula and Marsha.

I've communicated with Paula before, but only through email. Never on the phone as she was NEVER in her office when I called.