the 100% directionless thread

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I'm glad to hear it - some of the reviews weren't great, I'm told.
Yeah, I tend to go against the grain when critics deem something "critically acclaimed".

I know it was well received in Italy, but I don't know if it is entirely the same cast. Either way, Jude Law's rendition of an arrogantly pompous pope, and James Cromwell as his disgruntled mentor makes for good television drama, IMO.

That, and the soundtrack has a bit of a Scorsese vibe to it, which for me is an added bonus.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
@VentMonkey, I tend to not trust the critics, but I like when I hear a good review from somebody whose taste will likely align to mine!
Sounds good to me!

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Woot. Class canceled for tonight, Nor'Easter dropped ice, snow, and whatever other hazardous conditions you want to think of. Poor EMS :(

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
@NysEms2117 just rain and wind for us downstate...I'm OK with it.
Compared to upstate/central NY/Western NY, NYC and metro NYC is all:

OE0FUGr.jpg

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Completed a DT4EMS class today and I was pretty impressed by it. Also I am sore and do not want to be at work for the back half of my 24 oneeeeee bitttt.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Completed a DT4EMS class today and I was pretty impressed by it. Also I am sore and do not want to be at work for the back half of my 24 oneeeeee bitttt.
is that the defensive tactics class?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
is that the defensive tactics class?
Mhmm. They call it Escaping Violent Encounters which I think is perfect. Too many people fight like they need to submit the patient, and that's rarely if ever needed.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Mhmm. They call it Escaping Violent Encounters which I think is perfect. Too many people fight like they need to submit the patient, and that's rarely if ever needed.
ahh, i suppose i should learn the "escape" part.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Just a $2.3 million race car with an 800hp 7L V12. If only.

If any of us had that kind of money, I'd like to think we would have the collective taste to *rent* not buy ;)

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
First day of this bike tour and I've already changed a flat tire. :p Aiming for Tuscon tomorrow night.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Just had to drop off my pickup truck at the auto shop overnight because apparently a cable in my passenger side power window regulator snapped a little while ago leaving my window to slide down into the door -_-

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I want a boat. A pontoon boat. Or a decked out bronco. I don't know. Didn't get enough this year in taxes to move to PA, but enough to move up to Big Bear.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I enjoy a good productive day. A nice drawn out transfer for vent familiarization, followed by some homework, station chores, and now some dessert...AMJ perusing.