the 100% directionless thread

Oh no. I'm sorry. Did you go to a vet emergency clinic?
I suggested this to her as well... Seems like great minds think alike! :)

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
Very true. Your vet can help with the decision or comfort care in the interm.

I've been really proactive. Maybe even obsessive. lol I don't have any children, so she gets doted over. I guess that's why she's living so long. I just feel really bad that she was in distress and I wasn't home. What happened is that she got stuck under the Christmas tree. She's a white lab and her back legs are very weak. She tried to get off her bed and slipped somehow and ended up under the tree. By the time I got home, she had defecated and peed and was foaming at the mouth and completely exhausted. I had to drag her out from under the tree. I felt HORRIBLE. Like a bad dog parent. I have no idea how long she was under there....scared.....panicked. She was listless when I got her onto her bed. I stayed on the floor with her and finally got her to drink some water and eat something. This morning she was back to her old self. I could have cried when I woke up and saw my "old dog" back.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
My spoiler free review of Star Wars: The Force Awakens is thus: WHO WANTS TO COME BACK AND SEE IT WITH ME IN IMAX 3D?! BECAUSE THIS MOVIE IS AWESOME!!!
It really was that good... depending upon where you are and where I'm at later tonight, I might want to... for the 3rd time. Never have seen anything in 3D/IMAX...

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Except for today, when you called because grandma's been coughing a lot.
942593_10205125420275187_224519090057642404_n.jpg

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
So 7 slices of pizza and 2 brownies later and I'm still hungry. Time for round 2 I think. :D

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Just dropped my mom and dad and sister (and one of their friends from church) off at the airport so they can fly to Florida for a weeklong Caribbean cruise, while I get to hold down the fort here at home, and cat sit for my sister :p

So 7 slices of pizza and 2 brownies later and I'm still hungry. Time for round 2 I think. :D
Funny, Papa Johns was my dinner idea after driving back from LAX I didn't want to go anywhere else other than just get off the road and home haha

CALEMT

Funny, Papa Johns was my dinner idea after driving back from LAX I didn't want to go anywhere else other than just get off the road and home haha

Dominos has this St. Jude Children's Hospital special. 2 medium 1 topping pizzas, 1 cookie/brownie thingy, and a 2 liter soda for $20 ($1 goes to the hospital). I think yes!

Working Bakersfield Condors Hockey tonight for a little OT. Not a bad gig.

CALEMT

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Well, I survived the first leg of the trip... resting in Bakersfield. Tomorrow, Palm Springs!

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Hmm...now that Christmas is over and it's safe to shop for ones self on Amazon again lol, should I use my gift cards to get Dubins EGK book, Lippincotts Pharmacology, or Scanlon's A&P book first? :p

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I've been off for 12 days, and I actually feel like I'm ready to get back to work. That might be the perfect recharge. A few awkward family dinners and days of infant nephew babysitting seems to put a positive spin on running sepsis calls out of SNFs...

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Hmm...now that Christmas is over and it's safe to shop for ones self on Amazon again lol, should I use my gift cards to get Dubins EGK book, Lippincotts Pharmacology, or Scanlon's A&P book first? :p
A&P. That should always be the foundation, though I'm not familiar with Scanlon.