the 100% directionless thread

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
BTW here it is, but our community partypooper closed it.:(
You didn't post a link...

You can also contact moderators if you think something has been done unjustly...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
A shooting at the exact spot where we post units to cover a city. Hopefully there wasn't a crew posted there when it went down.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
A shooting at the exact spot where we post units to cover a city. Hopefully there wasn't a crew posted there when it went down.

Well that would've been interesting.

CALEMT

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
It was one year ago today that I logged on to the NREMT site and saw that I passed. I can finally say I've been an EMT for a year. :cool:

CALEMT

Nothing like finishing a shift will a full arrest and getting off a hour and a half late.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Went on a traffic collision, auto vs motorcycle. We found the motorcyclist laying face down pretty much middle of the intersection, conscious, complaining of neck and bilateral ankle pain. He knows he was in a crash but can't remember it or the aftermath at all (he knows he was riding along and now he's on the ground in pain talking to the fire department). So we board and collar him, and start ALS transport to the local Trauma Center (Level II, 10-15 min away). There's no obvious external signs of trauma, just some cuts and scrapes, and the medics mused that if it weren't for the KO we might've gone BLS to the MAR instead...well before we left the scene we grabbed his backpack and helmet, and on the helmet was a GoPro like camera (different brand), and he walks us through how to pull up the replay of what happened (it has a digital screen on the side of the camera) and lo and behold we get to see the EXACT mechanism while en route.... (car turned left in front of him at the intersection, he collided ~30-40mph almost head on into the car, right in the space in front of the right front passanger door, watch him flip head over heels and faceplant into the pavement.....and now the medic is glad we didn't BLS lol, plus instead of a generic description to the trauma doc on what happened, we could show them, and the cops were able to see who had the green light....and the camera didn't even look like it was in a wreck! Ain't technology grand?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Went on a traffic collision, auto vs motorcycle. We found the motorcyclist laying face down pretty much middle of the intersection, conscious, complaining of neck and bilateral ankle pain. He knows he was in a crash but can't remember it or the aftermath at all (he knows he was riding along and now he's on the ground in pain talking to the fire department). So we board and collar him, and start ALS transport to the local Trauma Center (Level II, 10-15 min away). There's no obvious external signs of trauma, just some cuts and scrapes, and the medics mused that if it weren't for the KO we might've gone BLS to the MAR instead...well before we left the scene we grabbed his backpack and helmet, and on the helmet was a GoPro like camera (different brand), and he walks us through how to pull up the replay of what happened (it has a digital screen on the side of the camera) and lo and behold we get to see the EXACT mechanism while en route.... (car turned left in front of him at the intersection, he collided ~30-40mph almost head on into the car, right in the space in front of the right front passanger door, watch him flip head over heels and faceplant into the pavement.....and now the medic is glad we didn't BLS lol, plus instead of a generic description to the trauma doc on what happened, we could show them, and the cops were able to see who had the green light....and the camera didn't even look like it was in a wreck! Ain't technology grand?
GoPros are amazing little cameras that stand up to a lot of abuse. I finally got one a couple of months ago and just have to put it on my dirt bike helmet.

I believe Robb caught his snowmobile accident on camera.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Why MICN must you order me to give 2mg of narcan IVP to an possible OD patient with a RR of 18, SpO2 of 96% on room air, and an EtCO2 of 38? I do not want to wake the patient up nor do I need to. I hate the thinking of "well they are only responsive to painful stimuli and breathing fine. Let's wake them up just because"

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
Why MICN must you order me to give 2mg of narcan IVP to an possible OD patient with a RR of 18, SpO2 of 96% on room air, and an EtCO2 of 38? I do not want to wake the patient up nor do I need to. I hate the thinking of "well they are only responsive to painful stimuli and breathing fine. Let's wake them up just because"

Ask the new guy from jersey