the 100% directionless thread

I just realized I'm working 120 hours next week.....

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Who has two thumbs and just got hired by CAL FIRE... This guy!!! :D

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Right on man congratulations!!

CALEMT

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

CALEMT

So do you have an academy now or how's it work?

Not to sure how it works (1st fire season) but I'm guessing like a 3 week or so "refresher" type academy. Im currently waiting on the official email with all the forms I need to fill out, where to get my uniform... all that jazz

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
Still patiently waiting on my M nunber from national. Apparently taiing written before skills slows them down. Oh well. New pay period starts tomorrow so if It looks like I get to douvble medic for two weeks with no reports to write :)

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Yep it take them longer to get the practical results than written lol

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Just got a call from the guy whom I've been trying to adopt a dog from. Sounds like he and the Pup's caretaker both really liked my questionnaire, just wanted to talk about work and when I go back and what my plans were for the dog. Seemed like he liked my answers. Sounds like someone is gonna be coming up this weekend or next week for a home check...I need to clean the house.

So stoked beyond words right now. :) :D :beerchug: :wub: :usa:

I need to get one of those tennis ball flinger wands...gonna wait till they say yes though, don't wanna jinx it.

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I do believe my drug box here is almost as big as Jonathan's in presidio. I like.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Pics or it didn't happen!

Lol I'll get some pictures soon... I just found out I'm workign a ten day shift, so I'll be here a while :p

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Damnn.. let's see them guidelines. There not on PPP
They're not anywhere other than hard copies at the stations and in the planes/trucks... This company is paranoid about their guidelines getting out.
But from memory, we have the following in part of the drug box
Aminophyline, Rocephin, Valium, Versed, Haldol, Sux, Vec, Etomidate, Propofol, Xopenex, Albuterol, Phenergan, Zofran, NTG drips, NTG tabs, NTG paste, Solu-Medrol, Lido, Epi, Atropine, Ca+ Cl, Labetolol, Metoprolol, MS, Fent, Dilaudid, Toradol, ASA, APAP tabs, APAP suspension, Lasix, Vasopressin, glucagon... And a bunch of others that I'm missing.
Plus we have CVC, chest tube, and pericardiocentesis protocols for ground and flight.

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
S.h.I.tttttt

What's the reason for being so closed about patient care protocols?

Last edited by a moderator:

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
S.h.I.tttttt

What's the reason for being so closed about patient care protocols?
Probably out of fear of getting sued. Sued for what, I don't know... but wouldn't surprise me. They probably think their guidelines are proprietary... and therefore only they can do whatever those guidelines allow.

Just guessing... I could be wildly off base on this.