the 100% directionless thread

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
Subtract stomach contents using order of operations and you get the same answer

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Subtract stomach contents using order of operations and you get the same answer

To be completely accurate, add state troopers and subtract their stomach contents. Sounds like you got the gist of it though.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Who said math wasn't needed after high school :lol:

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
EMS Math 101:

DOA+not found for >1 week+trailer heater stuck on high for interior temp>100 degrees= a bad day

Our last DOA left her AC on :)

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
You know, in 3 years of EMS I've never had a raunchy code 50...

crap I probably shouldn't have said that. at least I won't be back to work until late fall, early winter so they'll be cold rather than cooking in the high desert heat. :p

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
You just came on for the day shift, so it's early but it's hot and humid already. Been really hot for a few days.

As you finish your rig check and coffee, you get banged out for a teenager attempted suicide.

Address is only a minute away. It's a tall, narrow guest house behind the main house in a dense urban area.

Enter the house and you can tell immediately, the suicide "attempt" was successful......

The cops wave you to the back of the house, where you climb up the narrow, pull-down attic stairs, and the stench becomes overwhelming. It must be 120 degrees up here.

Turn around at the top of the stairs to see a 17 year old kid hanging by his neck from a nylon rope tied to the rafters. The room is dark aside from the sun shining through the small slat window right onto the body. Looks exactly like a scene from a movie. Smells worse than you can even imagine.

Every time I hear people talk about rotted corpses I see the whole thing like it was yesterday.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
You know, in 3 years of EMS I've never had a raunchy code 50...

crap I probably shouldn't have said that. at least I won't be back to work until late fall, early winter so they'll be cold rather than cooking in the high desert heat. :p

You've lucked out. I've seen more than my fair share, and like Halothane's, most are still very vivid. For instance, I can no longer eat jello. Have fun trying to envision what that corpse looked like.

Fire51

Forum Lieutenant
I had a call for unknown medical aid and walked into a very small trailer on a hot day to find a large man that had been dead for a couple days. Those smells are hard to get rid of sometime especially when something makes you remember it.

One medic was telling me he went to a apartment complex on a call and could smell the odor of a dead body from the parking lot, I guess it was so bad that before they even got into the room his partner started to throw up and couldn't go any further. When he walked in the body was completely covered with maggots.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I feel like I got hit by a truck. and I itch under this surgical dressing. It just needs to stop itching!

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Well registered to take TCC's entrance exam for medic school. Time to study my basic EMT knowledge!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Finally was able to take a shower. That was amazing. Never realized how much I'd miss showering until I wasn't allowed to lol. Found out I've got 5 separate incisions rather than the 2-3 they had originally said. She protected my tattoo pretty damn well though!

3a2e7uza.jpg

5e8equ6e.jpg

ezy3y6u4.jpg

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
Failed dynamic as my last skill. Immediately knew I didny push amio. Passed the retest. Unofficially a national registered paramedic!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Bittersweet day. Saw a helicopter who's crew I am very familiar with get craned off the roof... and then saw another crew I know come into a hospital with a working bird... Got to play with my camera some today though

Attachments

• DSC_4784M51.jpg
    DSC_4784M51.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 196
  • DSC_4727M51.jpg
    DSC_4727M51.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 195

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Failed dynamic as my last skill. Immediately knew I didny push amio. Passed the retest. Unofficially a national registered paramedic!

Congrats brother!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Finally was able to take a shower. That was amazing. Never realized how much I'd miss showering until I wasn't allowed to lol. Found out I've got 5 separate incisions rather than the 2-3 they had originally said. She protected my tattoo pretty damn well though!

3a2e7uza.jpg

5e8equ6e.jpg

ezy3y6u4.jpg

Dude that's a hell of a lot of work.. .both surgical and ink lol. Glad you're doing ok.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Thanks DE. Hoping to get in. Just trying to figure out how I'm going to pay for school...

Yeah for showers! And looks like they did a great job working with the tattoo.

Cool pictures... Wonder if the bird is salvageable?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Thanks DE. Hoping to get in. Just trying to figure out how I'm going to pay for school...

Yeah for showers! And looks like they did a great job working with the tattoo.

Cool pictures... Wonder if the bird is salvageable?

No idea... the tail got brought down separately because the crash broke it off basically.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Is that duct tape holding the paneling on the nose? o_O

PHI put duct tape over the ID numbers on one side, and the logos on both sides and under the nose.