the 100% directionless thread

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Good karma today.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
6epu4e4a.jpg
atusyvys.jpg

I dont know, something about the mountain just looks different today, can't quite put my finger on it though...

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I took 100mg of Benadryl once. I woke up dry as a bone and unable to move. It sucked.

My normal "gotta get to sleep" cocktail is a Benadryl and an ambien. I can only describe it as "rocksleep".

When I broke my back I (rather foolishly) would take 10 of Valium, 5 of Percocet, 50 of Benadryl, and some melatonin, you know to keep it natural.

That's all that worked, it made for some interesting "dreams."

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Funny! I wish the strippers I met had a cool name like that. Nope...mine had names like Candie, Storm, Heaven...

Sense of humor is good. Helps you stay sane.

Wasn't giving you :censored::censored::censored::censored: dude. I thought it was funny. That's a great song and even better band. Sorry to come off like an *** brother.

Desert why you gotta tell everyone my secrets bro!? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Wasn't giving you :censored::censored::censored::censored: dude. I thought it was funny. That's a great song and even better band. Sorry to come off like an *** brother.

Desert why you gotta tell everyone my secrets bro!? :lol:

That's got to be a record for how quick somebody figured out you were an *** :lol:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
That's got to be a record for how quick somebody figured out you were an *** :lol:

Naw most of the new hires won't even approach me. They figure it out before they meet me because people run their mouthes.

The girly finally told me what it is they say, actually to be honest it's a comment followed by a caveat. I'll take it.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I don't know if I want to find out what's said about me... Lol :p I actually used the word "caveat" the other day, and was told I use too big of words and needed to speak like everyone else... Seriously?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I don't know if I want to find out what's said about me... Lol :p I actually used the word "caveat" the other day, and was told I use too big of words and needed to speak like everyone else... Seriously?

Wow. That's ridiculous.

It's 6 letters...

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
STX brain big. Room for much letters.

People make my head hurt.

Fire51

Forum Lieutenant
Naw most of the new hires won't even approach me. They figure it out before they meet me because people run their mouthes.

The girly finally told me what it is they say, actually to be honest it's a comment followed by a caveat. I'll take it.

Do new hires really not approach you! Why is that, are they just being pussies and are just afraid? I mean I can understand it if you are just a complete *** but if it's just work wise like you like it done your way, that's not a good reason to keep away from you. So did you get a dispatch spot? what's going on with your shoulder and work? If you already answered this I didn't see it.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Do new hires really not approach you! Why is that, are they just being pussies and are just afraid? I mean I can understand it if you are just a complete *** but if it's just work wise like you like it done your way, that's not a good reason to keep away from you. So did you get a dispatch spot? what's going on with your shoulder and work? If you already answered this I didn't see it.

It depends on the new hire. Some FTOs don't like me and that thought process reflects on the trainee.

I think it's mostly nervousness as many are told I will eat them alive if they mess something up which is far from the truth. I'm actually a very laid back partner and enjoy green partners because I love teaching.

Now if you're experienced and you continuously botch something despite me pointing it out then yes, eventually I'm going to get stern, but people don't like that.

Shoulder is doing well, 6-10 well 5-9 more weeks now. Gained about 15* of ROM and my pain is way down. Set myself back by subluxing it again recently playing with the dog but oh well. Been busting my *** to get back on the truck. Disability was cool for a while but not anymore.

Doesn't sound like dispatch is going to happen. They're waiting to hire so by the time they do there won't be any point.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
That's because I'm a female, not a dude ;)

I'm on a roll today.

Sorry, sister. Lol

Can't deny it was way outta left field though ;)

Welcome.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
And back to learning acronyms for medic school. Ooh how I do not miss learning them at all

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Like what? I don't remember a whole bunch of new acronyms in medic school, aside from DOPE and LEMONS/BONES.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
What the heck is LEMONS/BONES?

I don't remember any either, but I don't really use them. So any they showed us probably went in one ear and out the other...

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
What the heck is LEMONS/BONES?

I don't remember any either, but I don't really use them. So any they showed us probably went in one ear and out the other...

LEMONS: (difficult to intubate indications)
Look at head/neck, evaluate, 3-3-2 mallampati, obstruction, neck mobility, Sp02

BONES: (predictor of being difficult to bag) beard, obese, no teeth, elderly, snores.

http://emcrit.org/blogpost/hop-mnemonic/