the 100% directionless thread

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
And Lucid changes her pic for the second time today............

I'm bored, what can I say? I like this one. It makes me feel like the Darth Vader of EMS or something.

Pic is from EMS/rescue standby for a cross country horse race... I was on an ATV.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm bored, what can I say?

Oh my gosh I am so bored too right now. I have had about as much political science as I can handle. Another word of it and I will scream.

That and I have had one call out all shift. It was a cool one, house full of smoke, unconscious man inside. Need more action.:wacko:

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
I have no idea..

what has gotten in to me.. I am working for the local fire department now as a FF/EMT.. how the hell did this happen??? :unsure:

I never thought I would see this day happen... I blame the economy!!!!!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I'm bored, what can I say? I like this one. It makes me feel like the Darth Vader of EMS or something.

Pic is from EMS/rescue standby for a cross country horse race... I was on an ATV.

Sounds like that would be fun :)

mct601

RN/NRP
Interview with AMR Tuesdaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay I hope I get this one.

And this is odd

Alright, so I got interviewed with Acadian. Took a while, I called back and they said they were "waiting for one more thing to come back". Well I got to talking to my old boss one day and he said he had to call Acadian back for a reference. Obviously, they were waiting on my references to get back. The following Monday I got an email saying I had been practically terminated from the process, and good luck with my job search. The recruiter said I could reapply in 90 days. I called the old boss and let him know not to worry about it, and informed him of the news. He said he had already called and they didn't seem too concered about his call.

Well today he called me and asked about how that job situation was going. I told him that Acadian wasn't an option anymore, thinking he forgot. He said the same lady who had called about my references before called again today and got a reference.

What would that mean? Why are they calling a reference AFTER they tell me no? I'm guessing its a mistake.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I think I just decided where I want to move to after I've been a medic a couple years... Austin/Travis County :)

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I think I just decided where I want to move to after I've been a medic a couple years... Austin/Travis County :)

You're JUST NOW deciding that?

Crap, I've been wanting to get on with them since medic school... I've just been too busy to go to DPS to get my driving record/criminal background record to finish the application process.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief

Pros: badass service

Cons: Texas. Not Colorado.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
You're JUST NOW deciding that?

Crap, I've been wanting to get on with them since medic school... I've just been too busy to go to DPS to get my driving record/criminal background record to finish the application process.

I've been toying with either them or back east. I wish NM had a third service like that... And I've got some time since I'm not a medic yet :p

Pros: badass service

Cons: Texas. Not Colorado.

If you know a service like that here in CO, I'd be happy to stay forever :p But I'll be here a while longer, so I'll have plenty of time to get tired of CO before I move :p

Last edited by a moderator:

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
i've been toying with either them or back east. I wish nm had a third service like that... And i've got some time since i'm not a medic yet :p

if you know a service like that here in co, i'd be happy to stay forever :p but i'll be here a while longer, so i'll have plenty of time to get tired of co before i move :p

TVEMS

Why won't this :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: thing let me all-caps an agency title... which is all-caps of course?!

Last edited by a moderator:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I've been toying with the idea of applying to Thompson Valley myself... but alas they want a CO cert before application and I'm not going to pony the dough for a job that isn't guaranteed.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
TVEMS

Why won't this :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: thing let me all-caps an agency title... which is all-caps of course?!

From what I've heard it takes an act of god to get on with TVEMS

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I've been toying with the idea of applying to Thompson Valley myself... but alas they want a CO cert before application and I'm not going to pony the dough for a job that isn't guaranteed.

Like I told you earlier, the cert itself is free, the FBI BG check is the only thing you have to pay for :p

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
From what I've heard it takes an act of god to get on with TVEMS

DH is pretty good from what I've heard too... from a couple of medics who've made the switch from privates to DH.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
DH is pretty good from what I've heard too... from a couple of medics who've made the switch from privates to DH.

My NEO class had a former DG medic... he loved it except for only having 12s. He moved over to my company to work 24s.

And from what I've heard DG is a weird combination of non-profit, private, and city

EDIT: I love how so much of what I know of CO EMS is second hand info.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I'd rather work 12 than 24's to be honest. I much prefer having 3/4 days a week off in a row.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
My NEO class had a former DG medic... he loved it except for only having 12s. He moved over to my company to work 24s.

And from what I've heard DG is a weird combination of non-profit, private, and city

EDIT: I love how so much of what I know of CO EMS is second hand info.

Meh... can't speak too much to it as you have to keep in mind I've never even done traditional EMS. However, in my experiences I have met a wide range of people who have worked a wide range of positions in this state and am native.

I don't know about calling DH "private" since it is, at it's heart, hospital/municipal-based. From what I've heard they offer better pay and bennies than local privates. It is also impressive that they've managed to run a dual medic system considering their circumstances. I don't think anyone will deny that they are short-staffed, but if I were a medic I would be happy to work for them.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Heh, my roommate just reminded me that the lease we took over ends at teh end of July... She's kinda hinting that if I wanna move to another state she'd understand. I guess she's realized how frustrated I've been since I moved here (with the exception of the last couple weeks, until Weds)

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Heh, my roommate just reminded me that the lease we took over ends at teh end of July... She's kinda hinting that if I wanna move to another state she'd understand. I guess she's realized how frustrated I've been since I moved here (with the exception of the last couple weeks, until Weds)

It's a shame you haven't had the chance to enjoy Colorado. Private ambulance company and higher education issues aside, it is honestly an amazing place to live. Granted I'm a stuck-up, proud native, but seriously. I've traveled all over the US and would prefer to live here over anywhere else.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
It's a shame you haven't had the chance to enjoy Colorado. Private ambulance company and higher education issues aside, it is honestly an amazing place to live. Granted I'm a stuck-up, proud native, but seriously. I've traveled all over the US and would prefer to live here over anywhere else.

Other than those issues I love it here. I think this weekend I'm gonna go get away for a few days and go out on some back trails in the truck. I'm just gonna take it day by day right now