the 100% directionless thread

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I called the lady in charge of hiring at MedStar yesterday and left a message, and I applied last week... still haven't heard anything back.
One of these places I applied about a week and a half ago, so I'm just gonna call to check in with em

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
One observation ride scheduled for a place that I might be able to volunteer at till they get a paid position (all EMS organization).

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Off to my first interview as a Paramedic.

God save you all!

Didn't even notice this till now. Hope it goes well! Let us know.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Off to my first interview as a Paramedic.

God save you all!

No worries I already made up my mind before you got here for the interview.;)

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Don't know. The pay is pretty good, about / above the norm for private medics in this area, and they have a decent volume, and they contract with local NHs and apparently get a fair bit of chest pain, SOBs, and other geriatric emergency calls. I also hear a decent reputation about them locally.

BUT, it's an hour drive away, each way, and it's not 911.

But, like I said before, I know I should take what I can get being a green medic fresh out of school...

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Ding it! The guy at the DNR said that they are hiring 2 or three people out of now well over 80 applications..........so I stand a (not) really good chance of getting that.

Anyhow, I'd rater get the US Forest Service dispatcher position. Haven't heard back from them yet though.

MedicSparky

Forum Probie
Took a pre-emplyment test today.

I SO want this job! It's an hour drive one way, but it's 911. Plus they -want- to pay for medic school.

I can't wait to hear back o_O

EmmaSlim09

Forum Lieutenant
I am not responsible for texts sent while asleep.

I wish it was Saturday afternoon already. Hope it gets here quick.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Forum rule #3,572. Do not talk about mysterious text messages with out posting the actual text message.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
2nd Interview at Best Buy today... Money coming in would be nice.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
My second interview went well and I pretty much have the job :D Third interview with the GM on Tuesday. Almost didn't get it though cause I'm 'too qualified' :p

xgpt

Forum Crew Member
My second interview went well and I pretty much have the job :D Third interview with the GM on Tuesday. Almost didn't get it though cause I'm 'too qualified' :p

I hate that too qualified nonsense...

But they won't hire you if you're too under-qualified...so frustrating